7 Aug 2016

Degustabox July Review & £7 Discount Code - Including New Fruit Pastilles Infusions & Seabrooks Lattice Chorizo


A round up of all the products which arrived in the July Degustabox. It's very different to last month's BBQ themed June Degustabox, this time with more drinks, a few condiments and useful groceries and of course, sweet treats.  

Discount Code: BLDEG15

Degustabox is a subscription service that promises to send out a big box filled with a surprise selection of groceries each month. Each Degustabox costs £12.99p, delivery costs are included in the price, and there is no fixed contract involved - you can cancel at any time.

The discount code has been increased and now offers a massive £7.00 off, bringing the cost to £6.99 delivered. Check out the Degustabox website below and enter the discount code: BLDEG15


Here's a quick round up of all the products I received in the July Summer Degustabox:


Jordans Swiss Style Muesli: I was pleased to find this large 800g bag of muesli in the July Degustabox as I had just run out of my usual cereal.


The Jordans Swiss Style Muesli is a combination of crispy wheat flakes, oats, raisins and finely sliced almonds with no added sugar. I really enjoyed this muesli, it's not very sweet but there are plenty of juicy raisins to sweeten the mix. I also added a sprinkle of cinnamon on top for extra flavour.


Seabrook Lattice Crisps: I was excited to see this new Chorizo flavour as it's been developed in conjunction with the charcuterie Three Little Pigs - see my review of their delicious chorizo HERE. Funnily enough this flavour is suitable for vegetarians, although it does contain lactose (why do so many crisps have lactose added?) so unfortunately it's not suitable for vegans.


This was my first time trying the Seabrook Lattice Crisps and I was impressed by the pretty lattice pattern of each individual crisps. The flavour is excellent, with a delicious garlicky and meaty chorizo flavour. I definitely want to try the other new flavour in the Seabrooks Lattice range - a Chicken Jalfrezi flavour created with Akbars Restaurants.


Rejuvenation Water: I've tried the Apple & Mint flavour in a previous Degustabox review and this time it's the turn of the Spanish Orange flavour. This water is enriched with amino acids which claims to help the immune system and other health benefits. The orange flavour is very refreshing, especially as this water contains stevia based sweeteners rather than sugar.

Qcumber: This is a sparkling blend of natural cucumber and carbonated spring water and cane sugar. It has 65 calories per can and is great for mixing with other drinks.

ALO Drink: This Real Aloe Vera Drink is made in Taiwan and is exotically flavoured with Mangosteen & Mango. Like other Aloe Vera drinks I've tried before, it contains small pieces of aloe vera which take on a soft jelly-like texture. I loved the sweet combination of flavours here and the interesting texture. There's even a QR code on the side for free music to match the drink!


Brookside Chocolates: This is a range of soft centred dark chocolates in several exotic flavours such as Pomegranate, Mango & Mangosteen and this Acai & Blueberry Flavour.


These chocolates are so dark and glossy they almost look like black olives. I was expecting the flavour to be quite bitter and boring but that couldn't be further from the reality. They have a delicious fruity centre with an almost fudgey soft texture. The chocolate is sweet and smooth and quite creamy for a dark chocolate (it does contain milk). The combination is lovely and is definitely worth a try if you like soft centre fruity chocolates.


Itsu Crispy Seaweed Thins: This crispy seaweed is harvested from South Korea's crystal clear seas. They're naturally packed with zinc, iron, B12 and iodine and have only 13 calories per pack. I have to admit that I really didn't like the flavour of these on their own, it's a salty fishy flavour that just didn't agree with me. I couldn't eat these as a snack but they're good for sprinkling on salads or other meals.



The Cracker Drinks Co: A large carton of Pineapple, Coconut & Lime Juice Drink. The range is made of great blends but with no added sugar or artificial sweeteners. Each serving has 1 of your 5 a day and is less than 90 calories. The flavour is very similar to other pineapple and coconut drinks but the addition of lime adds an interesting twist.


Rowntrees Fruit Pastilles Infusions: Infusions are a grown-up twist on the classic Rowntree's Fruit Pastilles featuring three new flavours: Orange & Grapefruit, Apple & Elderflower and Raspberry & Pomegranate.


The flavours here are all quite subtle. These are definitely first and foremost Fruit Pastilles, with that familiar sugary hit and chewy texture. The fruit flavours make an impact after the initial sugar burst but aren't as strongly flavoured as I was expecting. The Apple & Elderflower flavour works best and is very reminded me of similarly flavoured juices. I found that the Raspberry & Pomegranate had the lightest flavour and I couldn't really taste the fruits in question, it's more of a generic berry flavour. The Orange  & Grapefruit starts with a stronger orange flavour but the grapefruit is there in the background.


Felix Gherkins: Sweet pickled gherkins which are handpicked in Sweden in late summer. They are prepared using a traditional Swedish recipe with vinegar, sugar and spices. These are a useful store cupboard staple as they taste really sweet and have an extra crunchy texture that is great in burgers or sandwiches.


Sarson's Balsamic Vinegar: Sarson's have been vinegar experts for over 200 years and they're now also bringing us an authentic balsamic vinegar from Modena. I've tried this balsamic vinegar before nad it's definitely one that I would buy again. The tangy and distinctive flavour is perfect over salads.


Berrywhite Organic Drinks: Berrywhite is a premium range of organic sparkling fruit drinks which have no added sugar or artificial ingredients. Purchasing these drinks also helps support a charitable foundation which provides education for underprivileged children around the world. The flavours are all interesting blends and taste delicious. I tried the Sparkling Lemon & Ginger and the Sparkling Cranberry & Guava. I liked how refreshing and fruity these drinks are, without being overly sweet.


Bahlsen Choco Leibniz: Four handy portion packs of Choco Leibniz with two biscuits each. These are great for on the go or for lunch boxes and are useful for portion control too.


Overall I was very pleased with the varied selection in this months Degustabox. There was a great selection of drinks and savoury snacks - ideal for a summer box. My favourites this month were the Seabrooks Lattice, Fruit Pastilles Infusions, and Berrywhite drinks.

For more details on Degustabox:

Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com

I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.

5 comments:

  1. The seaweed thins took time to grow on me, but I couldn't bear the Aloe Vera/Honey drink. The pomegranate Brookside chocolates were delicious though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure if the seaweed thins will grow on me but I'll give them another chance! I was surprised by just how good the chocolates were.

      The box was quite drinks heavy this month. I hope you enjoyed some of the other ones :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, this looks like a great Subscription box! Lots of things I want to try there.

    I've tried other brands of seaweed, and while not knowing what to expect, part of me stupidly had hoped for to something close to the Takeaway version, but instead it was unbearably fishy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really nothing like the takeaway version, and just sooo fishy!

      Delete
  3. I remember drinking the pineapple juice, it was really nice.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...