15 Mar 2017

Review: Pepsi Max Ginger


A quick review of the new Pepsi Max Ginger flavour. I've never been a big Pepsi Max drinker, I  do like it occasionally but I generally prefer the taste of Coke Zero. If I do buy Pepsi Max it tends to be their delicious Pepsi Max Cherry flavour. 


I have to admit that I was surprised to find out that Pepsi had released a ginger flavour - it's not the first flavour combination I would have thought of for Pepsi Max. Personally, I've always hoped that they would release a raspberry flavour one day. I also need the Pepsi Max Vanilla that was released in Australia this year - please bring this one to the UK too!


Of course I had to try the new Pepsi Max Ginger straight away but since ginger is not my favourite flavour, I decided on a multipack of cans (so I can give some away if I didn't like it). Thankfully the Pepsi Max Ginger is extremely enjoyable. The ginger is immediately evident and provides a zingy flavour and background warmth. It's similar to a ginger beer but without the heat or kick that a ginger beer can have. The original Pepsi Max flavour still comes through to give it a sweeter and milder edge. 

It's a lovely tasting drink and, whilst I don't think the Pepsi Max Ginger is as easy to guzzle down as some of the other Pepsi Max varieties, it's one that I would still enjoy in smaller quantities. I'll definitely be buying this one again but I'll still stick to the cans rather than getting a whole bottle. 

Grocery Gems Review: Pepsi Max Ginger

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Morrisons.


16 comments:

  1. This is the second positive review I've seen for it. Thanks for reviewing it too! :) I haven't yet spotted it in Germany, but it has to be coming here... right? *Fingers crossed*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really hope it's released in Germany soon. It's beyond annoying when some flavours are only available in certain countries!

      Delete
    2. I feel that way about Kit Kat here. Chunky ones aplenty - but I'm pretty certain they're using a different type of chocolate. They just don't taste quite right!

      Delete
    3. hey mate, you can buy it now by lidl.

      Delete
    4. Oh awesome! I'll pop in and have a look tomorrow. Thanks for the heads up!

      Delete
  2. Ohhh I'm so glad to see a review of it saying it's actually ok - I've not spotted it in stores yet but any variation to the norm is dead welcome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's also been spotted in Sainsbury's. Let me know what you think if you try it!

      Delete
  3. im a huge pepsi cherry fan - this sounds a bit weird and will probably only do cans in case it's gross. im not big on ginger drinks so imn ot expecting to like it but we shall see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea to stick to a can first. It's more gingery and warming than I was expecting. Worth a try though!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to read this article, love your blog so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Personally not a huge fan Pepsi max cherry is my favourite fizzy drink but I found the ginger taste of this too overpowering. I love spicy food so thought I'd love this but sadly not. But that's just me seems plenty do like it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's really refreshing on the rocks with a slice of lime. It's well balanced and not overly gingery.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm drinking one just now. It's pretty good, but I wouldn't say it's ginger flavor if I didn't see the label. It tastes pretty much like Pepsi Max with some subtle hint of spice.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Probably be decades before we see it in south Africa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Probably be decades before we see it in south Africa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...