9 Mar 2017

Review: New Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter Flavour & Mint Flavour


It's been ages since I last reviewed a chocolate bar but believe me it's not because I don't eat them anymore. No, it's simply that I haven't found anything new recently that appealed enough to me to review. That is until I spied these new Oreo flavours from Cadbury Dairy Milk. As a fan of the original - see my review from all the way back in 2012 of the Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo - I knew I had to give these new varieties a try. Also, peanut butter and mint are two of my favourite flavours anyway (not together obviously!).

Fun spoiler alert: This is a split review - I loved one bar and hated the other. Can you guess which?


Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter Flavour Review: This one is simply described on the packaging as a 'milk chocolate with a peanut butter flavour filling'. In fact it's so much more than that as it's also jam packed full of crunchy Oreo pieces. As soon as I opened the packaging I could immediately tell this was a peanut butter flavoured bar, the scent is immediately very peanutty. I liked the familiar creamy and crunchy texture here, which is just like the original Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo bar but that's just about the only good thing I can say about this one. 

Unfortunately, the actual peanut butter flavour didn't work for me or live up to the promise of that initial opening. Peanut butter is a fairly simple flavour in my mind to get right and this just doesn't capture it at all. Instead the flavour that I'm getting is a bitter peanut one with a hint of salt and a weird aftertaste of coffee. In fact I'm getting queasy just thinking about it. I could only eat a few pieces of this one and it will never darken my tastebuds again. I'm sorry Cadbury, but don't worry there's much better news below!


Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Mint Flavour Review: Have I ever mentioned before how much I like a mint flavoured chocolate? Especially when it's not a classy dark chocolate affair but just a crazy sweet milk chocolate like the Aero Mint Bubbles. Luckily for my taste buds they were much happier after trying the Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Mint. It has all the crunchiness from the Oreo pieces coupled with a smooth and deliciously creamy mint filling. It's not going to break any boundaries for flavour innovation but it's a solidly tasty chocolate. Taste buds rejoice!

Grocery Gems Review:Cadbury Dairy Milk Oreo Peanut Butter Flavour & Mint Flavour

RATING: Peanut Butter - 3 out of 10, Mint - 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Peanut Butter - No, Mint - Yes.
Nutrition
 84 calories per 3 chunks.

Vegetarian: Suitable for Vegetarians.
Purchased: Co-Op.
Price: £1.00p each 120g bar.


7 comments:

  1. I felt exactly the same - the peanut butter one was just grim, but the mint one was pure yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate! I'm always a bit nervous giving such a negative review so it's a relief that I'm not the only one who didn't like it.

      Delete
    2. You're certainly not! I don't like to throw food away, but the peanut butter bar hasn't been touched since I first tried it..

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm really not on the peanut butter fan train so I wouldn't buy that one as I know it's not for me.

    The mint however I was very excited to try and it was indeed very good! The normal oreo and dairy milk is a bit boring and I wouldn't bother with it again, but the mint one was great, I bought two so I'm glad I did. I love mint things!! (American 'thin mint' girl scout cookies are really nice but impossible to get here! - well amazon have them for £8000!! haha)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Out of these I like the mint one the best. While I did like the peanut butter one I found it a little too sweet for what it is.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mouth watering, give me as much chocolate as you want and I will it all. Good combination of chocolate and oreo, I need to give it a try

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...