11 Jul 2015

Review: Starbucks Caramel Coffee Jelly Frappuccino


Starbucks has introduced two new Frappuccinos for summer; the intriguing Caramel Coffee Jelly Frappuccino and the lemon meringue pie inspired Lemon Vanilla Frappuccino. As a fan of bubble teas I  was most curious to try the Caramel Coffee Jelly Frappuccino. 

It's a combination of three layers - new coffee jelly, creamy caramel Frappuccino and a topping of whipped cream and caramel drizzle. I asked for mine without the cream as I really don't like the stuff. The coffee jelly is made from brewed Starbucks Premium roast coffee and adds a unique texture to the drink.


I really loved everything about the flavour and texture of the Caramel Coffee Frappuccino. The base of the drink is the creamy and sweet caramel Frappuccino which just so happens to be my favourite Frappuccino anyway. The jelly pieces are quite soft and are easily sucked up through the straw, providing a burst of mild coffee flavour alongside it's jelly consistency. This isn't really one for anyone who is texture-phobic and who doesn't like the thought of lumps in their drinks! The additional jelly means the drink is not quite as heavy as a regular Frappuccino but I found it much more refreshing as a result. It won't appeal to everyone but it's certainly one that I'll be buying again this summer.

If you've tried the Starbucks Caramel Coffee Jelly Frappuccino or the new Lemon Vanilla Frappuccino then I'd love to know your thoughts in the comments below.

Grocery Gems Review: Starbucks Caramel Coffee Jelly Frappuccino

GROCERY GEMS RATING: 9 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Price: £3.75p (medium size).

5 comments:

  1. I had this last week and I really loved it. It was just like drinking a frozen caramel macchiato.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first had this in Japan and wish they would bring it stateside, but I'm glad everyone is beginning to enjoy it around the world!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I tried it at the weekend, it's a lovely unique drink, similar to bubble tea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I only ever drink a caramel latte over ice, and I'm with you on hating the whipped cream! Coffee shops oversweeten it. This could be quite nice, will look out for this on my way to work in the morning :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you try it - I think it can be a love/hate thing with the texture of the jelly in a drink. I really like it!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...