1 Jul 2016

Degustabox June Review & £7 Discount Code!


The June Degustabox arrived last week and I was super excited to find that it was a BBQ themed box. There are plenty of groceries  inside for serving up summery dishes as well as plenty of new treats too!

Discount Code: BLDEG15

Degustabox is a subscription service that promises to send out a big box filled with a surprise selection of groceries each month. Each Degustabox costs £12.99p, delivery costs are included in the price, and there is no fixed contract involved - you can cancel at any time.

The discount code has been increased and now offers a massive £7.00 off, bringing the cost to £6.99 delivered. Check out the Degustabox website below and enter the discount code: BLDEG15


Here's a quick round up of all the products I received in the June BBQ Degustabox:



Butterkist Yogurt Coated Popcorn: I was pleased to find a large bag of the new Butterkist Yogurt Coated Popcorn in this month's Degustabox as I've been meaning to give it a try. It's a yummy combination of light air-popped corn with a creamy yogurt coating. It's extremely sweet and tastes more like white chocolate than yogurt, but we still managed to polish off most of the bag in one sitting! 


Amoy Coconut Milk: This is a useful store cupboard ingredient to have. Amoy Coconut Milk is sourced from plantations in Thailand and is made from ripe, fresh coconuts. It can be used to add flavour to many types of traditional Asian dishes such as Thai curries. I'll be using this one to make a creamy chicken Korma.


Haywards Silverskin Onions: It wouldn't be a BBQ themed box without some kind of pickles. These Silverskin Onions are small pickled onions with a sweet and tangy flavour. I'm not really the biggest fan of pickled onions but Mr GG enjoyed them!


Smooze Mango & Coconut: I first reviewed Smooze Fruit Ices back in 2013 and I absolutely loved the range. Take a look at my full review HERE. I'm so pleased that these all natural fruit ices are now easier to find in the shops. They're so creamy and delicious but best of all they are free from all major allergens and are suitable for vegans. The Mango & Coconut is my favourite flavour too!


Wychwood King Star: A craft lager from the Wychwood brewery in Witney, Oxfordshire. It's described as being full bodied with a delicate balanace and hint of sweetness. My dad certainly gave it the thumbs up! This is for those receiving the alcoholic Degustabox option. 



Sacla Pesto Pots: A pack of four single serve mini pots of Pesto. These are useful for whipping up an easy and super fast individual meal. My kids are both fans of Sacla Pesto so I'm sure this will come in handy for when I need to make a quick meal.



Destrooper - Olivier Belgian Butters: These Butter Waffle Crisps are made in Belgian using the best ingredients. They have a deliciously buttery flavour and are perfect with tea or coffee. Most of the biscuits in my box were a bit crushed but luckily the broken ones were still good for sprinkling over vanilla ice cream or yogurt. I'll definitely be tracking down some more of this range from Waitrose.


Bakedin Chocolate Mug Brownie Mix: This little pot contains enough mix to make one Mug Brownie. Apparently it takes just 60 seconds in the microwave. I'm going to giving this a try later today and I'll update on here.


Branston Spicy Tomato Relish: This tomato relish has a nice spicy kick to it that is great with burgers (see below) or hot dogs. It's also a nice alternative to tomato ketchup. I enjoyed the spicy flavour here which is balanced by the sweetness of the relish.




Schwartz American Smokehouse Homemade Burger Mix: This is an easy way to create burgers at home. Simply add to mince, shape the burgers and grill. The American Smokehouse flavour here is delicious and gives the burgers a tasty sweet and smokey flavour. We also enjoyed it with the Branston Spicy Tomato Relish above.


Zeo Cloudy Lemon: Zeo is a range of drinks that combines fruit extracts with a blend of botanicals. I've tried a few of their drinks before and found the flavours to be a bit hit and miss. However, I did enjoy this one, it has a refreshingly tart and unique flavour.

Overall I was really pleased with the selection in the June Degustabox. My favourites this month were the Butterkist Popcorn, Schwartz Burger Mix, Smooze Fruit Ices and the Belgian Butters biscuits.  If you're a subscriber then I'd love to hear your thoughts on this months Degustabox selection in the comments below.

For more details on Degustabox:

Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com
Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DegustaboxUK
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DegustaboxUK

I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.

4 comments:

  1. Looks like a great haul this month! I love Sacla pesto, and the non-alcoholic drink sounds interesting (as does the alcohol one!). I'm not so sure about mug brownies though; they're so easy to do yourself and the texture's never quite right. Do you find that?

    Hope you're okay, been missing you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, I know what you mean about mug brownies. The first time I saw one I thought it had gone completely wrong. I find that the texture is slightly rubbery but I've still enjoyed the couple that I've tried.

      Thanks so much for the kind comment. All is fine here, but as my kids get older it's getting harder to find the time to blog. I'm still hanging on as I don't want to give it up completely. Hopefully I'll be back to blogging more often later this year. I hope you'll still check back once in a while :)

      Delete
  2. I really didn't like my box this month! My lemon water never arrived as it leaked everywhere and DPD removed it; I thought pickled onions and coconut milk were really basic boring things to get as a surprise (and pesto too but the mini pots are kind of handy); and I hate mango! Luckily my hubby loves mango but I was pretty disappointed. I only really liked the popcorn. Hopefully next month will be more interesting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Emily, that's a real shame that the lemon drink leaked and that you were disappointed in the box. It can be hit or miss especially if there are flavours or products you don't like. I agree that not all the products this month were the most exciting either. I guess my family has quite wide tastes so I'm lucky that there is usually something for everyone.

      See how you feel about next months box. I always find that the ones leading up to Christmas are the best so you could always go back to it then. Let me know how it goes!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...