16 Sept 2016

Review Megapost: Walkers Crisps Sarnie Flavours


Last summer Walkers released six flavours in their 'Bring it Back' Campaign. It was fun trying out all the different flavours and picking a favourite. This year, Walkers have another impressive array of flavours in their new 'Sarnie Flavours' range. 

The six new flavours are all based on classic British sandwich fillings, all featuring different sauces from the likes of Heinz, HP and Lea & Perrins. The flavours are: Ham & Mustard, Roast Chicken & Mayonnaise, Cheese Cucumber & Salad Cream, Sausage & Brown Sauce, Bacon & Tomato Ketchup and a Cheese Toastie & Worcester Sauce. I bought individual packs in Co-Op on a 2 for £1.00p deal (for larger bags). 


Walkers Crisps Ham & Mustard: This is my youngest sons favourite sandwich filling and I was pleased to find that these crisps do a good job of recreating the flavour of a ham and mustard sandwich. The mustard especially comes through initially without too much heat but soon evolves into a meaty ham flavour. It's a decent enough pairing, not too exciting, but the classic flavour combo works well enough here. Rating: 7 out of 10.

Walkers Crisps Bacon & Tomato Ketchup: This is another classic sandwich pairing (although I know people in other parts of the country might disagree about ketchup with bacon!) and one that we enjoy once in awhile. The crisps however, weren't really as tasty as I was expecting. The tomato ketchup flavouring is far too dominant with a sickly sweet and tangy flavour that didn't work well with the background smokey bacon crisps. They're not terrible but I was just expecting to like these more than I did. Rating: 5 out of 10.


Walkers Crisps Roast Chicken & Mayonnaise: These are quite similar to regular Walkers Roast Chicken crisps but with a much creamier edge from the mayonnaise flavouring. I didn't particularly like the creamy flavour, it's far too milky for my tastes. Overall I prefer the original Walkers flavour, with it's stronger chicken flavour, to this new sarnie inspired one. Rating: 5 out of 10.

Walkers Crisps Cheese, Cucumber & Salad Cream: I'm one of those people that does actually like salad cream and I must admit that I regularly add it to sandwiches and salads. I thought these crisps did a great job of capturing the sweet and tangy Heinz Salad Cream flavour, it's pretty much spot on. However, this flavour was again ruined for me by the creamy nature of the background flavours. Instead of a strong cheese flavour, such as cheddar, the cheese flavouring used here is very milky and almost sour cream tasting. I couldn't detect any cucumber flavour at all. Rating: 6 out of 10.


Walkers Cheese Toastie & Worcester Sauce: This is one of the more interesting flavours in this range. The Worcester Sauce flavour is instantly recognisable and provides a lovely tangy edge to the flavour. The cheese flavour is also nicely done and I can almost taste the melted cheese element. Rating: 7 out of 10.

Walkers Crisps Sausage & Brown Sauce: I have to admit that I don't often buy brown sauce or use it on sandwiches. Sausage sandwiches have always involved tomato ketchup around here. However, I may change that from now on because these crisps are delicious and my clear favourite of the lot. The tangy brown sauce has a lovely rich flavour that is followed by a very tasty and meaty sausage. Funnily enough this is also the only flavour that doesn't contain milk and is suitable for vegans. Rating: 8 out of 10. 

Overall, it's not been my favourite range from Walkers as there are quite a few flavours that I didn't like at all. However, as always I'm impressed by Walkers creativity in bringing out so many limited edition flavours and I look forward to what they come up with next. 

Obviously these reviews are all down to personal taste so do let me know if you agree/disagree and which Walkers Sarnie flavour you enjoyed the most!

Grocery Gems Review: Walkers Sarnie Range

RATING: See individual reviews above.
Buy it again?: Only the Sausage & Brown Sauce flavour.
Purchased: Co-Op.
Price: 2 for £1.00p (although multipacks are now widely available)
.











1 comment:

  1. I'm going go have to try the vegan flavour... it'll feel so wrong lol

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...