27 Oct 2017

Review: Jordan's Skinny Syrups Pumpkin Spice & Pumpkin Caramel


I've been looking for a decent pumpkin spice flavoured syrup to try to recreate my favourite Starbucks Pumpkin Spice latte at home without much luck. So far I've tried the Pumpkin Spice Syrups from Monin and Sweetbirds which were both a total waste of money. The Sweetbirds one especially was so horrid it had to be thrown away. 

The Skinny Syrups brand is one that I've found a few times before in TK Maxx. I like their sugar free Vanilla and Gingerbread syrups and prefer them now to the full-on sugary kind. My husband bought me their Pumpkin Spice and Pumpkin Caramel varieties as a gift recently (I think he paid a fortune on Amazon) and thankfully I enjoyed both varieties more than the other brands I've tried.


The Skinny Syrups Pumpkin Spice has a nice amount of spices coming through with the sweet pumpkin, especially scentwise. It doesn't come through as much in the actual flavour although it does add plenty of sweetness - a little goes a long way with these. The Skinny Syrups Pumpkin Caramel variety is even sweeter and has a creamy undertone. As they're both sugar free they do have a bit of an artificial aftertaste, which might ruin the flavour for some - I found it especially noticeable in the Pumpkin Caramel variety.

Even though neither of these flavours is a patch on a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice (why don't they just sell Pumpkin Spice syrups instore already?), I'm glad that I tried both these flavours. I would probably buy the Skinny Syrups Pumpkin Spice variety again next year. but I'm still waiting for a proper Pumpkin Spice syrup!

Grocery Gems Review: Skinny Syrups Pumpkin Spice

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy It again?: Yes.
Nutrition0 calories.
Purchased: Amazon.




5 comments:

  1. Thought you might be interested in this article about making a Copycat Starbuck's Pumpkin Spice Latte :) http://www.thekitchn.com/how-to-make-pumpkin-spice-latte-even-better-than-starbucks-cooking-lessons-from-the-kitchn-96277

    ReplyDelete
  2. I almost bought these the other day on Amazon, but ended up going for the Monin versions. Now i've seen your review I've changed my mind...time to go hunt these down!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...