10 Jun 2013

New Pom-Bear Zoo Friends - Really Cheesy


A new flavour and shape for the popular Pom-Bear range. I love the name "Zoo Friends" and design on the pack - it's a very fun and happy image. I'm not as keen on the choice of flavour name - "Really Cheesy", although my kids found it quite funny! In keeping with the rest of the Pom-Bear potato snacks, these are gluten free, and contain no artificial colours or preservatives, with 99 calories per pack.


I bought a multipack of six 19g packs from Tesco. Anyone who struggled to find the Limited Edition Snowmen Pom-Bear last Christmas (that would be me!), will be glad to hear that these Zoo Friends are joining the permanent Pom-Bear range.


Inside the pack there are lots of different animal shaped snacks, I could definitely make out a penguin, polar bear, rhino and elephant. The texture is exactly the same as the rest of the Pom-Bear range, they're quite light and airy, and not too greasy. The cheesy flavour itself is somewhat similar to the flavour found in Walkers Quavers, but thankfully less overpowering and stinky! It's a savoury cheese taste without the accompanying sweetness that is usually found in a cheese & onion variety. Both my kids enjoyed the Pom-Bear Zoo Friends and I'm sure I will be buying them again in the future.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Pom Bear Zoo Friends

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 19g pack): 99 calories, 5.8g fat. 
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.59p.

3 comments:

  1. Aww I used to love pom bear and now that they have them in other animal shapes, I will have to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're just so cute aren't they! It's definitely time to rediscover the Pom-Bear range :)

      Delete
  2. I love them! Definately taste better the Quavers :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...