8 Aug 2016

Review: Haribo Starmix Frenzy - Carnival Edition


Last year I reviewed the Haribo Starmix Frenzy Edition which introduced some more exotic flavours into the popular Haribo range. This year the Haribo Starmix Frenzy has been updated to this limited edition Carnival edition. With the yellow and green colouring of the packaging and the new tropical flavouring this is a clearly inspired by a certain sporting event being held in Brazil.


The new flavours listed on the back are Watermelon (pink bears), Grapefruit & Pineapple (green soda bottles), Lime (purple bears), Peach (yellow hearts), Mango (green eggs), Banana (blue bears), Peach & Apricot (pink and yellow rings), Mango & Peach (green and yellow rings), and Mango & Lime (green and purple rings).

I don't think I've ever seen some of these flavours available from Haribo UK - especially the mango and banana flavours!


The colours are great, lots of yellow and green sweets to match the carnival theme. The flavours are all really good but some are stronger than others. I'm not sure I would have guessed all the flavours without having the packaging in front of me. I enjoyed the mango and peach flavoured sweets the best, they have a lovely, sweet and tropical flavour. The blue banana bears are not as strongly flavoured as I was expecting, but they definitely have a subtle banana flavour. The grapefruit & pineapple combination in the blue bears was quite zesty with the pineapple coming through strongly. The lime and watermelon sweets were both nicely fruity and added to the overall fun theme of this Carnival Edition - I'll definitely be stocking up on a few bags whilst they're still available.

If you've tried these then I'd love to know what you thought too - leave a message in the comments below. Thanks! 

Grocery Gems Review: Haribo Starmix Frenzy Carnival Edition

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Local corner shop.
Price: £1.00p.


1 comment:

  1. I love the designs and colours in these. Do you know if there are any Vegan Haribo on the market? I think there used to be a vegetarian version, but more recently I've only seen them with gelatine.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...