19 Aug 2012

Snickers Peanut Butter Squared



My brother bought me this little gem in a sweet shop in Brighton. I loved the idea of this glorious marriage between Snickers and peanut butter. The best thing about a regular Snickers are the huge crunchy peanuts so this combined with extra peanut butter could only equal deliciousness.



Inside there are two squares of chocolate. They are a decent size and I quite like it when chocolate bars are sectioned in this way. It just means more chocolate coating and being able to save some for later, which is always a good thing.


I've said before that Snicker is not a bar I buy very often. This Snickers Peanut Butter is described as "Filled with peanut butter, peanuts, caramel, nougat and covered in milk chocolate". Sounds like they took every ingredient and the kitchen sink and threw it into this bar! It's a Mars Bar, a Snickers Bar and Reese's peanut butter cups all rolled into one.

Happily the result is delicious and one that I was craving more of as soon as it was finished. There are many different flavours and textures at play all at once but somehow they all work together well. The layer of nougat at the bottom is quite thin but is nicely chewy. The peanut butter is salty and sweet at the same time with a slightly crumbly texture. There are generous chunks of peanuts which add a great crunch. Then to top it all off there is the thick layer of chocolate coating which is solid and creamy.

It's impossible to sum up this bar in one word. It's sweet, salty, chewy, crunchy, crumbly, creamy - all at the same time. I loved it and so did my hubby so this is definitely one we'll be looking out for again.

1 comment:

  1. This looks really nice. I am a big fan of peanut butter and my hubby loves the whole sweet/salty thing. I will look out for one of these. Sounds like your brother has found lots of interesting chocolate bars in Brighton!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...