20 Feb 2013

Activia Pear Yogurt Special Edition


The Activia range of yogurts is great for anyone who likes to try something a bit different from the usual flavours of yogurt, and the latest addition to the range is certainly not a common one - Pear flavour.


Does Special Edition mean the same as Limited Edition or does it mean it's a new flavour with extra bonus features? Whichever it is, I was interested enough in this new special edition to give it a try. I haven't bought Activia yogurts in a while; my yogurt of choice is the Muller Light Coconut & Vanilla, but as you may have noticed I do like the word "new". Pear is also one of my favourite fruits and not one that I have ever tried in a yogurt before.


The pots look slightly different to other fruit yogurts I have had in the Activia range, they are more curved and all green. The design suits the pear flavour very well.


The yogurt itself is nicely thick and creamy in consistency. There are large and small pieces of fruit within it which have a good texture, not too soft or hard. The pear taste is very strong, it's sweet and full of flavour, possibly even more full of flavour than most actual pears! This means the taste can border on being slightly too reminiscent of pear drops. I loved the creamy flavour of the yogurt combined with the rich sweetness of the pear. Needless to say, I'm always pleased to see bold new flavours and I'm glad that Activia have added to their range with this new Pear flavour.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Acitiva Pear Yogurt

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Probably.
Nutrition (per pot)
: 129 calories. 4.8g protein,  17.0g carbohydrates, 16.9g sugar, 4.3g fat.
Purchased: Asda.
Price: £1.89p





2 comments:

  1. Mmmmmmm.... love anything pear flavoured!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love pear too. It's strange that there are not more pear flavoured yogurts!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...