22 Feb 2013

Sainsbury's Red Nose Day Doughnuts



I picked up these Red Nose Day themed doughnuts at Sainsbury's. They cost a very reasonable £1 for four doughnuts with 15p donated to Comic Relief.


The doughnuts are covered in a red (well really it's a pinkish colour) icing and crunchy white sprinkles. 


Even though they don't look much like a red nose, they still have a fun bright look which is perfectly in keeping with the Red Nose Day theme. 


Supermarket bakery doughnuts can be a bit hit and miss in terms of taste, it often depends on what time of day you buy them as to whether you get a delicious treat or a stale/soggy mess. As I bought these in the morning and they had just been baked, they were very tasty, the doughy part was very soft and light, with a lovely golden colouring. The icing on top was quite firm with a nice crunchy texture from the sprinkles. They're cheap and cheerful and made a lovely half-term treat.

The last time I did a Red Nose Day review (for the Limited Edition Red Nose Day Pez) I felt it fitting to end the review with a joke. This time I'll leave the jokes to the doughnut addict that is Garfield:

Image: Garfield.com

Grocery Gems Verdict: Red Nose Day Doughnuts

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Worth a buy.
Nutrition
: None given.
Purchased: Sainsbury's.
Price: £1.00p.


4 comments:

  1. A good cause and a Garfield joke! What's not to love? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Sainsburrys doughnuts, I had one of their sprinkled (Sugar Strand I think their called) Doughnuts on Saturday and I got it on the morning too and it was lovely, What I do love about my Sainsburrys is they have a fresh bakery in store, and you can mix and match what you want. =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Ruth. These Sainsbury's doughnuts were much tastier than I was expecting. They certainly had a lovely freshly baked quality. I'll have to go back to check out theire bakery Mix and Match now! :-)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...