2 Nov 2014

Review: Old El Paso Stand n Stuff Kit


A quick review of the new(ish) Old El Paso Stand 'n' Stuff Soft Taco Kit. I bought the meal kit which contains a Smoky BBQ seasoning mix (there is also an Extra Mild version available) and a serving of tomato salsa. The soft tacos are also available in packs on their own without the spices and salsa, very handy if you prefer to use your own.



The actual tacos were much thicker than I was expecting, and not as deep, but once all the fillings are inside they are actually an ideal size.


I only have this photo before the toppings (salsa, lettuce, grated cheese and chopped tomatoes) were added. Each taco can hold a generous amount of filling and the shape means that they are very easy to eat without making too much mess. The meat had a lovely smokey and sweet barbecue flavour to it from the seasoning that the kids really enjoyed. They are very satisfying and filling to eat, and I found them quite heavy. However my kids really enjoyed them and went back for seconds. I served them up with a side salad for me and Mr Grocery Gems, and potato wedges for the kids. 

Grocery Gems Verdict: Old El Paso Stand 'n' Stuff Soft Taco Kit

RATING: 8 out of 10
Buy them again?: Yes - I've already been back to buy more at kids' request!
Purchased: Sainsbury's.
Price: £2.99p. 


3 comments:

  1. Have seen these recently but wasn't quite sure whether to buy them or not!...I'll definitely give them a try now :) Great review xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lyndz, I hope you enjoy them as much as we did. They seem to be on special offer quite regularly a too. Definitely worth getting for a quick and easy dinner :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...