23 May 2012

Whole Earth Lightly Whipped Hazelnut Spread


Whole Earth are expanding beyond the realm of peanut butter to bring us this lovely new chocolate spread. It has been 'lightly whipped' to give it a unique light and airy texture. The chocolate spread itself is very versatile and is not just for toast, it can also be used as a topping for cakes and muffins. I love the Whole Earth range of peanut butters because they have no added sugars or unnatural ingredients but still taste absolutely delicious. Whole Earth aim to use the most simple and natural ingredients which is certainly a plus point for most parents. The ingredients in this new chocolate spread follow this and I am glad to see that there are no hydrogenated fats or artificial flavours.


I snapped up the hazelnut variety Sainsbury's for £2.29. There is also a milk chocolate variety available. When I opened the jar I could see lots of little air bubbles in the spread which makes it look like a chocolate mousse. The consistency is very different from the usual chocolate spreads which are much denser. I decided to spread some onto a toasted bagel. It spread on very easily and because it is so airy I only needed to use a small amount.

The taste was divine. The chocolate itself is smooth and luxurious, whilst the nutty flavour from the hazelnuts adds a richness and depth. This is a delicious new product and I don't think I will be buying any other chocolate spread from now on! I can't wait to try this in my baking too. I think it will be sensational as a topping for cupcakes and, because of it's airy consistency, it should also be possible to spoon the whole lot into a piping bag for decorating. 

The only downside is that I don't think a tub of this chocolate spread is going to last very long in my house!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...