3 May 2015

Degustabox April: Surprise Foodie Box & Discount Code!


Degustabox is a monthly subscription box that delivers a surprise selection of foodie products from new and established brands. Opening up the Degustabox each month is always exciting and the April box was no exception.  It arrived a few days ago and was so packed full of foodie treats I couldn't even get all of the products in one photo - there were just too many! I was also really excited to see that the April Degustabox was labelled as the "International Box" and includes a wonderful selection of products with inspiration from around the world.

Discount Code: OWC2W

Each Degustabox costs £12.99 a month, which includes delivery. There is no fixed contract involved and you can cancel at any time. Degustabox have kindly provided my readers with the following Discount Code for £3.00 off your next Degustabox, bringing the cost to £9.99 delivered. Simply enter the code - OWC2W.

Here's a quick round up of all the products inside the April International Degustabox:


Nando's Crisps: There were three bags of Nando's Peri-Peri Grooves Crisps inside the Degustabox; Peri-Salted, Spicy Chicken and Sizzling Hot. These ridge cut crisps are already popular and are available in quite a few different flavours. The Peri-Salted is a new flavour which is giving and interesting twist to the classic plain salted crisp variety. 


Kinder Chocolate: Two large bags of individually wrapped Kinder chocolates. There are the delicious Kinder Choco-Bons which are little egg shaped chocolates with creamy milk fillings and crunchy hazelnut pieces. The Kinder Chocolate with Cereals are mini chocolate bars with a milky filling and crunchy cereal pieces.  I've always been a big fan of Kinder Chocolate so finding two bags in the Degustabox was a real treat!


Scheckter's Organic Energy: Scheckters is a 100% natural energy drink that is Organic, Fairtrade, Vegetarian and Informed Sport approved. The ingredients include sparkling filtered water, organic cane sugar, organic lemon juice, organic pomegranate juice, organic elderberry juice and Scheckters organic "energy blend" of green tea, guarana and green coffee extract. Mr. Grocery Gems has called dibs on this one!



Veetee Microwaveable Rice: It's great that Degustabox always includes useful grocery items as well as the more indulgent products. Microwaveable rice is one of those products that I use only occasionally, but I do like to keep a few in the store cupboard for emergencies. I've never tried the Veetee brand before so it will be interesting to see how it compares to my usual brand. I received two flavours; Spicy Mexican Style Rice and Peri-Peri Rice. 


Debeukelaer Cookies Bakery: I've wanted to try these cookies for a while now so I was really excited to find a box included this month. The DeBeukelaer Cookies Bakery is inspired by traditional family bakeries in Greenwich Village, New York to create bigger, better and tastier cookies to the UK. Each cookie is individually wrapped which is useful for lunch bags etc. However, I was slightly disappointed with the size of the cookies, they're not the XXL size I was expecting from the description. They are smaller than standard supermarket fresh bakery cookies. However, the flavour was very tasty and I liked the smooth, creamy filling in each one.


IdrinQ: There were two cans of this new generation drink included in the Degustabox. I like the funky packaging of these. Originally from Germany, the IdrinQ is a carbonated drink that is free from caffeine, preservatives, artificial sweeteners and colourings. It contains a range of vitamins and amino-acids that can help reduce tiredness and fatigue and help enhance energy and performance. I'm quite curious as to how these will actually taste - I'll have a full review soon!


Cirio: Tinned tomatoes might not seem like a very interesting product but I was actually really pleased with these two. The Cirio Filetti are described as peeled plum tomatoes cut into wedges and dipped in a thick sauce - certainly a class above my usual basics tinned tomatoes! The Cirio SuperCirio is a pack of four individual pots of double concentrated tomato puree. All very useful and again, not a brand I usually buy so I'm happy that I get to try them out.


Barry's Tea: A family owned Irish company since 1901, Barry's Tea have spent years perfecting their signature Gold Blend. I love trying out different brands of tea and I'm hoping this one will have a strong flavour!


Kingfisher Premium Beer: Kingfisher is India's No.1 selling beer and has been brewed for over 150 years to a classic recipe. It's described as having a clean and subtle citrus flavour that is the perfect complement to a hot and spicy curry. 


Chosan Wonju: This is a natural non-alcoholic drink that is made from the hibiscus plant and is rich in vitamin C and antioxidants. It can be drunk on it's own or used as a mixer and is described as having a refreshing, crisp flavour.


Schwartz Recipe Mixes: There were actually 2 Schwartz recipe mixes included in the Degustabox, Korma and Balti, but I didn't realise until today that one was hidden at the bottom of the box! These new Indian curries Schwartz recipe mixes are available in four varieties - Korma, Balti, Rogan Josh and Biryani. I always keep a few Schwartz recipe mixes for quick and easy midweek dinners and I'm looking forward to giving these spicier flavours a try.

Overall I was extremely happy with the selection in the April Degustabox - I especially loved the international theme and the wide range of different products. My favourites this month are the Kinder Chocolates, Nando's Crips and all the interesting drinks. If you're a subscriber then I'd love to hear your thoughts on this months Degustabox selection in the comments below.

For more details on Degustabox:

Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com
Like on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DegustaboxUK
Follow on Twitter: https://twitter.com/DegustaboxUK


I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.


3 comments:

  1. I'd startee my diet the day my box arrived and obviously I failed miserably! I agree with you about the size of the cookies, I expected much bigger, but I did really enjoy them! I'm a massive fan on the kinder bon bons anyway, so it was lovely to see these. I had piri piri and mushroom rice, we had the piri piri with a curry on Saturday and give it a thumbs up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah I know what you mean about the diet! Glad you enjoyed the selection this time too. I thought it was a really good box this month :)

      The Kinder bon bons were the first to disappear...

      Delete
  2. This is a really good read for me, Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw.

    vape Juice Houston USA & Ejuice Houston USA

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...