12 May 2015

Mr Kipling Milkshake Slices - Banana Milkshake and Chocolate & Vanilla Milkshake Slices


Mr. Kipling have launched a range of milkshake flavoured cake slices in Banana Milkshake, Chocolate & Vanilla Milkshake, and Strawberry Milkshake flavours. They are available in four-packs and contain a source of calcium with lower fat compared to other Mr. Kipling cake slices.


Mr. Kipling Banana Milkshake Slices: These are described as banana milkshake flavoured sponge cakes with a vanilla filling and and a banana flavoured fondant on top. The cake has a wonderfully sweet and creamy banana flavour, with a hint of vanilla, that really is reminiscent of a banana milkshake. Some might find the banana flavour too sweet but it's spot on for me. Everything about these is just delicious - the cake itself has a perfectly soft and moist texture too. I haven't always been a fan of Mr. Kipling Slices but this new Banana Milkshake flavour is going to be hard for me to resist! I much prefer these to the previous Mr Kipling Banoffee Slices which had a much lighter banana flavour.


Mr. Kipling Chocolate & Vanilla Slices: These are made up of chocolate and vanilla flavoured sponges with a vanilla filling and decorated with fondant icing. I have to admit I only bought these because the range was on a 2 for £1.50p deal but I'm really glad I did! They're much tastier than I was expecting. Both the chocolate and vanilla flavours come through nicely with a creamy edge. The combination of chocolate and vanilla sponge works well and reminds me of a classic marble cake. Perhaps the "milkshake" theme is not as evident in the actual flavour here but I still enjoyed these little cakes.

Overall, these new Mr. Kipling Milkshake Slices were surprisingly good and I'll certainly be buying them again - I might even try the Strawberry Milkshake flavour too. In fact I would have given them slightly higher scores (and a 10 out of 10 for the banana flavour) if the packs hadn't been reduced in size from 6 to 4 cakes. 

Grocery Gems Verdict: Mr. Kipling Milkshake Slices

RATING: Banana Milkshake: 9 out of 10, Choc & Vanilla: 8 out of 10.
Buy it again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per slice)
140 calories. 

Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.29p or 2 packs for £1.50p.


7 comments:

  1. Oh I've been trying to find these since I heard they were being released. The banana milkshake one massively appeals to me; glad to hear it's good!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was in my local Tesco, which is usually the worst for new products, so hopefully they will be available near you too!

      Delete
  2. To love the sound of the banana one!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good, exactly the sweet banana flavour I was hoping for.

      Delete
  3. These look yummy! I'd love to try the banana one!

    Serena / www.ramblingsofanotherunistudent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's interesting Mr Kipling have changed 6-portion snackpacks to 4 and 9 portion packs.

    Tesco have various 4-packs for £1.10 (Asda 95p) and 9-packs for £2.35 (Asda £2.38), neither of which feels like such a good deal as when frequently the 6-packs could be got for £1. Never thought I'd see the day when Mr Kipling had a standard product retailing for over £2 !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...