7 May 2015

Review: Nespresso Monsoon Malabar Coffee - Limited Edition


A very quick review of the latest Limited Edition Grand Cru coffee from Nespresso. The Monsoon Malabar Limited Edition is inspired by journeys from 300 years ago when coffee beans were loaded onto wooden-hulled sailing ships and transported for 6 months from the Indian Malabar Coast, around the Cape of Good Hope and towards Europe. These epic journeys, with the humidity and tropical sea winds encountered, had a unique effect on the coffee beans, causing them to swell and created a distinctive flavour. 


It's a wonderful inspiration and I love the overall look and design of these capsules with the caravela sailing boats on the packaging and the intricate Indian paisley pattern on the capsules themselves. The Nespresso Monsoon Malabar has an intensity of 8 and Nespresso describe it as having a bold character and an indulgent profile that is perfect when paired with milk. The coffee itself has a lovely strong flavour without being too bitter, and a woody intense background with slightly salty hints. Once milk is added (which is how I usually make my Nespresso coffee) the flavour mellows somewhat but still retains a good intensity and strength.

If you're a fan of the Nespresso Arpeggio (also an intensity 8) then I think you would also enjoy this new Monsoon Malabar. It's one of my favourite limited editions so far from Nespresso and I'll definitely be stocking up on a few more packs whilst it's still available.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Nespresso Monsoon Malabar:

Rating: 8 out of 10. 
Buy Again: Yes.
Purchased: Nespresso.
Price: £3.80p (10 capsules).


3 comments:

  1. Oh that sounds good! I'm a fan of the stronger Nespresso capsules so I may order some next time too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The strong ones are my favourites too - I really don't like weak coffee!

      Delete
  2. I really really hope this one comes back as a main stay capsule! my favorite nespresso coffee so far

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...