20 Dec 2014

Tesco Seasonal Juices: Mulled Red Grape and Clementine


I recently reviewed the Tesco range of seasonal smoothies that includes a Gingerbread inspired smoothie and a Figgy Pudding flavour. This week I decided to try their seasonal inspired fruit juices too. I picked up two varieties; Pressed Mulled Red Grape Juice Drink and 100% Pure Squeezed Clementine Juice.


I'll just quickly mention the Tesco Clementine juice, as even though the bottle looks very festive, I'm pretty sure that this juice is available all year anyway. It's a 100% Clementine juice that is not made from concentrate. The juice has a lovely fresh and sweet flavour that we all enjoyed, much sweeter than regular orange juice. It's not completely smooth, there is some pulp in there, but it's such a sweet juice that it still tastes quite light and refreshing. 


The Pressed Mulled Red Grape juice drink was the one that I was most excited to try. I'm not particularly a fan of grape juices but I like the idea of the additional spices. The ingredients are Red Grape Juice (99%), natural flavouring, cinnamon extract and clove extract. This juice can be enjoyed cold or warmed up as a hot drink. I've so far only tried it cold but it really is a deliciously spiced treat. As soon as I opened the bottle, there was a gorgeous cinnamon aroma, that is successfully carried through to the flavour itself. The background red grape juice works perfectly with the warming cinnamon spice and creates a lovely sweet drink. Mr Grocery Gems is a big cinnamon fan and he really enjoyed this juice - I think I might have to brave the Christmas crowds to stock up on a few more bottles!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Tesco Seasonal Juices

RATING: Clementine: 8 out of 10, Mulled Red Grape: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes - especially the Mulled Red Grape.
Nutrition: 67 calories per 100ml.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.48p each or any 3 for £3.50p.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...