11 Feb 2014

Review: Cadbury Creme Egg Pots of Joy



The new Cadbury Creme Egg Pots of Joy are apparently only available for a limited time, although it feels like they hit the shops a few days after Christmas! I hate trying anything related to Easter too soon after Christmas but I felt it was about time to try these Creme Egg Pots of Joy. I'm happy to admit that I'm not a fan of Creme Eggs and I don't usually buy them at Easter, but this dessert version just looked so promising!


I was greeted by a fairly average looking milk chocolate dessert, but once I dug a little deeper...


 it really is impressive! Everyone was slightly awed by just how much the bottom layers looked like the inside of a Cadbury Creme Egg. Even my husband who usually hates this type of cold dessert just had to try one.


And when it comes to the taste, well there's really nothing to complain about here. The texture is seriously smooth and the chocolate flavour is lovely and rich. The bottoms layers have that sweet fondant flavour that is instantly recognisable as a Cadbury Creme Egg, but it's thankfully not as sugary. The sweetness is offset by the creaminess of the overall dessert. I much prefer this dessert to eating an actual Cadbury Creme Egg!

 Grocery Gems Verdict: Cadbury Creme Egg Pots of Joy

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Probably.
Nutrition (per 70g)
165 calories.
Vegetarian: No - contain pork gelatin!
Purchased: Asda.
Price: £1.00p for 4 pack (special offer).

4 comments:

  1. Doubt I would ever try the pudding version, but I sure used to like the candy!
    Thanks for the comment on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does anyone know where in nz you can order these from? i wanna try some :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tesco has them on offer at the min.. I loved them!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...