24 Feb 2014

Review: Cadbury Mousse Orange Chocolate


Cadbury seem to be rolling out an endless supply of new products recently, it's quite hard to keep up. I think for the sake of my waistline I will need to refrain from buying every new Cadbury product I see, there are just too many! To be honest there are so many new items that I can't even be 100% sure that this is new so if it isn't, apologies as always, and leave a comment below. Last week there were Cadbury Creme Egg Biscuits and the new Dairy Milk Ritz and Lu bars to try, and so far this week (it's only Monday!) I've already picked up these Orange Chocolate Mousse pots. Does anyone else agree that Orange Chocolate just sounds wrong? I keep wanting to change it to Chocolate Orange!


According to the Asda website this Cadbury Mousse variety is a limited edition. Just like the Cadbury Mint Chocolate Mousse which I reviewed last year, these come in a multipack of 4 pots each containing 90 calories. The mousse itself has a lovely light and fluffy texture that quickly melts in the mouth. The light chocolate flavour of the mousse is completely dominated by the strong orange which was very sickly sweet. But then again I'm not the greatest fan of chocolate orange pairings because they often end up far too sweet tasting for me. If however, you enjoy chocolate and orange as a combination then this would make a nice, and fairly light, treat to satisfy a chocolate craving, but overall I preferred the Mint Chocolate version.  

Another new Cadbury product (I know I should say Mondelez instead of Cadbury but that doesn't sound right to me either...) which was released last week is the Wispa Gold Hot Chocolate Sachets - see Kev's Snack Review HERE!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Cadbury Orange Chocolate Mousse

RATING: 6.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Probably not.
Nutrition (per 30g)
90 calories.
Vegetarian: Not Suitable.
Purchased: Asda.
Price: £1.00 (for 4 x 45g pots).



3 comments:

  1. Thankyou for the mention Katherine :) I can't keep up with all these new Cadbury products either...it's getting a bit mad. Eventually every supermarket shelf will be filled with the colour purple lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before I review a cadbury product that I've already reviewed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cad-bury chocolates are just superb and I can lead my entire life just by feeding cad-bury and galaxy chocolates.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...