9 Nov 2013

Ritter Sport Knusperflakes - Cornflakes


I've been meaning to review this bar for absolutely ages. However, it's one of my favourites from the Ritter Sport range so it usually doesn't stick around for long enough to allow any photos to be taken.


From the top, the Ritter Sport Knusperflakes looks like any other milk chocolate Ritter Sport bar, but the view from underneath shows that this chocolate is crammed full of cornflakes.


Ritter Sport milk chocolate is always smooth and delicious and that's certainly the case here too. The cornflakes within have a distinct golden corn flavour, and provide a superbly crunchy texture without any added sweetness. These cornflakes pieces really are very crunchy, especially compared to the more popular cereal to chocolate bar ingredient - rice crispies. I find it surprising that there are not more chocolate bars with cornflakes in them because the combination does work very well (as anyone who has tried homemade cornflake chocolate crispies knows!). The contrasting textures and simple flavours in the Ritter Sport Knusperflakes bar make this an thoroughly enjoyable chocolate bar.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Ritter Sport Cornflakes

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Available at Monster Sweets.
Price: £1.75p.

6 comments:

  1. Whilst I love most of the Ritter Sport bars (and would always choose those over Cadbury and Galaxy if given the option), this is my absolute favourite. I miss the days it was readily available in Aldi!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My waistline is grateful that this isn't available in Aldi. I wouldn't be able to resist it!

      Delete
  2. This is my favourite of the range but I can't find it easily in UK. I bought a ton when I went to Germany but it's all gone now. Do you know where I can get my hands on some?

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a delicious bar, has a great crunch to it. The Ritter Sport white chocolate with cornflakes is just as tasty if not more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendation, I will try to track the white chocolate version down!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...