21 Dec 2013

Review: Asda Chocopolitan Cake


December is not just associated with Christmas for me, there are also a few family birthdays to celebrate too! It was my Mum's birthday earlier this month and we got her this super cute (I love the shabby chic flowery packaging!) Asda Chocopolitan Cake. It's described as a chocoholics dream, with rich chocolate sponge and frosting, topped off with milk chocolate cupcakes.


Isn't it adorable? It's a large cake, and the chocolate cupcakes on top are very generously sized too.


The chocolate cake was very tasty with a moist sponge, sweet chocolate buttercream, that is packed full of chocolately flavour. All the chocoholics amongst us were very happy indeed! Of course, I couldn't resist also trying one of the chocolate cupcakes. It has a solid chocolate case that is filled with a sweet buttercream icing that is quite firm in consistency. This is as sugary sweet as it looks, but somehow is fitting with the cuteness of the cake. Overall this is a lovely cake and I hope it's still around when it's time for my birthday next year!

Grocery Gems: Asda Chocopolitan Cake

RATING: 9 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Asda.
Price: £10.00.

4 comments:

  1. Saw this in the Barking store where my friend works the other day and it looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April! The Barking store is one that I visit too, what a small world :)

      This cake does look stunning, it makes a great centrepiece!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...