2 Dec 2013

Christmas Collection at Costa Coffee



We tried out some of the new (and not so new) seasonal selections at Costa Coffee this weekend. It was hard to choose from the exciting range on offer but in the end we went for a White Hot Chocolate (with cherry sauce - yum!), Salted Caramel Latte, and Gingerbread & Cream Latte.


White Hot Chocolate - I bought this for my son who was very excited about trying it, he loves hot chocolate but has never had a white version before. The drink was very creamy, as you would expect, with a hint of vanilla and white chocolate. Even though my son was more than happy with his drink I felt the chocolate flavour could have been a bit stronger. The cherry sauce on top was his favourite part! 7 out of 10.

Salted Caramel Latte - Salted caramel is one of my favourite flavours, so I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to try this drink (I had mine without cream but it had a generous amount of foam on top). It's made with a base of Monin Salted Caramel syrup (I need to get some of this at home!). This tastes quite different to a standard caramel latte, it's not as sweet and has a richer, quite buttery flavour. There wasn't any discernible saltiness in the drink itself but the salted caramel swirl on top provided more than enough flavour for me. 9 out of 10.

Gingerbread & Cream Latte - I'm sure I don't need to describe this one but it's a lovely mix of sweet spices, such as cinnamon and ginger, that just conjure up a wonderful festive flavour. It's a cute touch that these Gingerbread lattes come with a little biscuit on top - although my poor gingerbread man had a chunk of his head missing. 9 out of 10.


And forget about the Starbucks red cups - the new Costa Christmas cups are just brilliant. There's a different cup for each size of coffee. The Father Christmas one is enough to make me want to get a giant coffee next time I'm ordering!


3 comments:

  1. I've tried the Black Forest Hot Chocolate with skimmed milk but no cream and it tasted very much like Black Forest gateau to begin with but the flavour diminished with subsequent sips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi April, the Black Forest Hot Chocolate is next on my list to try. It's such a shame the flavour was weak towards the end though, I do like the idea of the chocolate and cherry combination.

      Delete
  2. That's great Katherine. I look forward to your review. When I had the Orange Mocha at Starbucks, I couldn't taste the orange until I nearly finished - I guess it's because I didn't stir it beforehand.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...