18 Dec 2013

Review: Tesco Finest Red Velvet Cake


My husband is a big fan of red velvet cake, and his birthday last weekend, gave me the perfect excuse to buy this gorgeous Tesco Finest Red Velvet cake. I've been casting a longing glance at it every time I pass through the bakery aisle! I'll let the photos mostly speak for themselves here, as this cake is a real beauty.


The cake features a red velvet sponge, with delightfully swirled cream cheese frosting and decorated with red crumb topping.


From the first slice I could see this cake had just the gorgeous dark red colour I was hoping for - and it also had a lovely flavour to match! The sponge is moist and sweet with a subtle cocoa flavour, perfectly complimented by the sweet and tangy cream cheese frosting. It's a delicious cake that is comparable to similar (but much more expensive!) red velvet cakes I've tried previously, and it certainly looks very impressive for any special celebration.

Grocery Gems: Tesco Finest Red Velvet Cake

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £10.00.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...