23 Dec 2013

Review: Our Honest Foods Snackorium Box


The Snackorium subscription box from Our Honest Foods, promises to deliver a box of delicious snacks that will not only tempt your taste buds but also highlight independent British producers at the same time. It's a fabulous idea and I was excited to be asked to review a box. I seriously couldn't wait for my Honest Snackorium to arrive! 

Each box is slim enough to fit through standard post boxes but still large enough to be crammed full of goodies. The December box I received had a lovely gift box appearance with an apt Merry Christmas message on the front. Each Snackorium is priced at £9.99 including postage and packaging, which is very reasonable compared to other subscription food boxes I've tried. I also love the fact that this one is snack based, meaning that everything in the box is ready for chowing! 


There was also a great selection of sweet and savoury snacks. Some of the sweeter products included these Clearly Scrumptious Simply Cranberries and Cocoa Loco Organic Dark Chocolate Buttons. The Clearly Scrumptious Cranberries are full of flavour and a perfect addition to this festive Snackorium box. They're great for snacking as they contain one of your five a day, but I'm planning on using the rest of mine for some Christmas bakes. The Cocoa Loco Dark Chocolate buttons are made using the finest single origin beans in the Dominican Republic. These large buttons are suitable for vegetarians and vegans and I really enjoyed their rich dark flavour. I'll be recommending the Cocoa Loco brand to my vegan brother.


I've always wanted to try some fudge from the Wonky Kitchen so I was delighted to find this adorably packaged Raspberry & White Chocolate Fudge in the Snackorium box.


The fudge is super soft and melt in the mouth, with a creamy and sweet white chocolate flavour that perfectly compliments the gloriously fruity raspberry. This really is like no other fudge I've tried before and I can't wait to try more from the Wonky Kitchen.


This Wild Trail Apple & Raspberry Yogurt Popcorn Bar was another highlight. As both a popcorn and cereal bar addict, this product seemed to be made for me!


It's a large bar that is bursting with popcorn, fruit, and seeds, all topped with a yogurt coating. I've shown the underneath of one half in the photo above so you can see the generous amount of these ingredients. I found this Wild Trail bar to be extremely delicious, very sweet and fruity. I'll certainly be looking out for other products from the Wild Trail range in future.


The savoury selection was especially scrumptious with these Tyrrell's Alternatives Habas Fritas and Hoots Cheese & Onion multigrain snacks.


Part of the fun of subscription boxes is trying out new products that I've never come across before. I loved these Hoots Cheese & Onion Multigrain Snack made by wonderfully named, The Wise Owl Snack Company. These baked snacks are made with mature cheddar and onion, and contained a mix of wholegrains and seeds - an altogether delicious combination! 


The Tyrrell's Habas Fritas are made from fried broad beans sprinkled with a little salt and chilli powder. Broad beans are a fairly typical snack in Spain and Portugal but I've never tasted them like this before. They're completely addictive little morsels that make a very moreish snack.


Lastly there was also a sachet of Organic Rooibos tea from the award winning Tea Studio. I've reviewed  rooibos (redbush) tea before and it's one of my absolute favourite teas. It has an earthier deeper flavour compared to black tea, but still works well with milk. Rooibos tea is also naturally caffeine free and high in antioxidants. This organic version from the Tea Studio is simply divine, it has a full bodied and satisfying flavour.


Overall, I was more than happy with the selection I received from the Honest Snackorium box, and I highly recommend it both as a snacking treat and as a unique gift idea. It's brilliant that this box highlights British products and introduces many high quality brands. I especially enjoyed the map printed on the inside of the box which pointed out where all my lovely goodies had come from around Britain!

Grocery Gems: Honest Snackorium

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Absolutely.
Purchased: Find them online at http://www.ourhonestfoods.com/.
Price: £9.99 per month.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...