4 Feb 2015

Review: Krispy Kreme Lotus Caramelised Biscoff Doughnuts


It was exciting enough when the delicious Lotus Biscoff Caramelised Biscuit Spread arrived in the UK in 2012, but this new combination of Biscoff Caramelised Biscuit and Krispy Kreme doughnut is just pure genius. I'm assuming if you're reading this review that you've probably already tried either the Lotus Caramalised biscuits or the delicious spreadable version, and are already familiar with their gorgeous caramelised sugar and cinnamon flavours (if not - try it!). 

Apologies for the next photo, if you've browsed this blog before, then you'll know I usually put time and effort into the photography side, but honestly, would you stop and take more photos when you have one of these in front of you? I took this very quick (and terrible) photo of the filling, but I think I'll have to buy this doughnut again just to take more photos... *any excuse*


The Krispy Kreme Lotus Biscoff Caramelised Biscuit Doughnut is described as being filled with a Kreme infused with Lotus Caramelised biscuit spread filling, iced with more Biscoff spread, and topped with Biscoff biscuit crumbs and white chocolate. The filling is a signature "Kreme" with added Biscoff spread. This gives the smooth and creamy filling a lovely caramelised biscuit edge. It's not too strong, but it's just enough to give the recognisably gorgeous speculoos flavour. Most of the actual Lotus Biscoff flavour, however, comes from the layer of Biscoff spread and extra sprinkling of crushed Biscoff biscuits on top of the doughnut. This provides plenty of the gorgeous caramlised sugar and cinnamon flavour that we all love. 

Overall, the combination is sublime and makes this one of the best flavoured Krispy Kreme doughnuts that I've ever tried. I don't often buy Krispy Kreme doughnuts (the last ones I tried were the Caramel Collection doughnuts in 2013), but I'll certainly be back again in future if they keep the Lotus Caramelised Biscoff doughnut on the menu.


Of course, I couldn't resist getting my kids the new Krispy Kreme Love Bug Hug doughtuts. These adorable heart shaped doughnuts are filled with strawberry jam and topped with a super sweet layer of strawberry icing too. I didn't get to try these but my kids absolutely loved them!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Krispy Kreme Lotus Caramelised Biscoff Doughnuts

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: YES.

Purchased: Tesco (Krispy Kreme stand).
Price: 3 doughnuts for £3.45p.


3 comments:

  1. Ah I really need to go out and try one of these NOW. Looks so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just bought a Krispy Kreme assorted dozen. It comprised of 12 x Caramelised Biscoff Doughnuts

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...