30 Jul 2012

Limited Edition Superfruity Shredded Wheat Mango, Passion Fruit & Peach


Shredded Wheat has an image of being one of the healthiest cereals about but I have to admit it's not one that I buy very often. I prefer cereals which can be eaten as a snack without milk as well as the typical breakfast fare. I was lured into purchasing these new Superfruity Shredded Wheat because of the magic words "Limited Edition" on the front of the box! I also loved the sound of the flavours in the "Real Fruit" filling of Mango, Passion Fruit & Peach.


From the outside they look like regular mini Shredded Wheat. The difference is the orange coloured, almost jam like, fruit filling in the centre.


The centre is quite tart tasting and not as sweet as I was expecting. At first I was quite surprised by the lack of sweetness and the almost sour taste but after a few bites it started to grow on me. It's like eating dried fruit but with a crunchy coating. My eldest son who loves peaches and mangoes really likes this cereal as a snack without milk. I like the fact that this is a high fibre cereal, with one bowl providing two whole grain servings. This Mango, Passion Fruit & Peach variety also has the antioxidant Selenium added for extra health benefits.

There are already two other varieties in the Shredded Wheat Superfruity range "Raspberry, Strawberry & Cranberry" and "Blackberry, Blackcurrant, & Blueberry" which also sound quite tasty and I'm sure I will be giving those a try at some point too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...