11 Jul 2012

Rachel's Organic Greek Yogurt & a delicious Lemon Yogurt Cake!



One of my fridge basics is a large pot of natural yogurt. It has so many uses, not just as a healthy snack, but also in cooking and baking. I usually go for low-fat or set yogurt but I was really pleased when I was sent this Organic Greek Style natural yogurt from Rachel's Organic. I must admit I don't usually buy Greek Style so I couldn't wait to try it.


The first thing I noticed was just how thick and creamy this yogurt is, much thicker than any other natural yogurt I've tried. It's also delicious in it's own right, so creamy and with a slight tartness. It was gorgeous served with a bit of honey or with cereal instead of milk. My kids loved it served with strawberries and drizzled with a little strawberry syrup! Much healthier than ice cream but still an indulgent tasting treat.

When I bought another pot of this yogurt I wanted to do something a bit different with it. I've already made this wonderful Lemon Yogurt Cake recipe from the fantastic The More Than Occasional Baker blog, but I've always used low-fat yogurt. I decided to give it a go with this Rachel's Organic Greek yogurt and it turned out divine. It was super moist and just delicious! The perfect cake to go with a cup of tea or coffee.

I made mine in a loaf tin rather then a cake tin, just so it would be easy to slice for packed lunches and work. My icing drizzling skills aren't up to much but the cake was very easy to make. Best of all it uses up basic store cupboard and fridge ingredients. It's definitely a recipe I know I will be making again and again!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...