7 Oct 2012

Cadbury Dairy Milk with Oreo Vs Milka & Oreo!


I was so excited when I heard about the new Dairy Milk with Oreo (thanks to @kevvieguy!). I've blogged before about the Milka & Oreo which is one of my favourite chocolate bars ever. I love chocolate and I love Oreo's so it's a perfect match! I'll give a bit of a comparative review of the two versions at the end but firstly let's talk about the new Dairy Milk with Oreo.


Unwrapped it looks like any other Dairy Milk chocolate except that if you look closely you can see a few black pieces of Oreo biscuit peeking through. I wasn't sure when I first heard about this bar if it was simply going to be Oreo chunks encased in Dairy Milk chocolate. Once I finally had a bar in my hand I could see from the wrapper that it actually has a creamy filling with Oreo chunks which are then wrapped in Dairy Milk chocolate.


In the photo above I've cut along the centre of the cubes of chocolate rather than along the natural break, to give you a better idea of the filling. The Oreo pieces seem to congregate along the top of each chunk with the creamy layer along the bottom. This makes it quite a layered bar with separate sections. The Oreo chunks are quite large, bigger than I was expecting, which gave the chocolate a considerably crunchy texture. The creamy layer is very smooth and sweet with an almost white chocolate flavour. The Dairy Milk chocolate covering is the perfect thickness, encasing the sweet filling with a lovely milk chocolate flavour. The combination is divine but then I do love a good biscuit and chocolate union.

I bought the Dairy Milk with Oreo from my local Co-op supermarket for the bargain price of £1. I have a feeling I will be stocking up on quite a few more!

Dairy Milk with Oreo Vs Milka & Oreo

I can't resist giving a quick comparison between the Dairy Milk with Oreo and the Milka & Oreo. Cadbury's and Milka are both owned by Kraft so there is obviously some overlap in the ideas behind these bars. I've been lucky enough to eat more than my fair share of Milka & Oreo bars. Luckily enough my brother brought me a bar back from his holiday this week so I could take photos of both bars side by side! There are some similarities between the two but also some important differences.

Cadbury's on top -  Milka on the bottom

You can see above that the Milka version is much flatter in depth and has smaller pieces of Oreo than the Cadbury's bar. The Milka chocolate coating is also thinner and lighter which means you can see more of the Oreo pieces when looking at the chocolate from above, even though overall there are a lot less Oreo pieces in the Milka one. This makes the Milka & Oreo a lot less crunchy than the Dairy Milk with Oreo. The taste of the chocolate coating is obviously different too, Milka chocolate has subtle caramel undertones whilst Dairy Milk is well... Dairy Milk. They are both great bars but I preferred the Cadbury's version because of the thicker filling and chocolate coating.

Have you tried the new Dairy Milk with Oreo? Leave your thoughts below!

You may also be interested in:

Milka & Oreo Review
Dairy Milk Mint Bubbly Review

14 comments:

  1. So you picked this up from Co-op? For a mere £1?!!!

    I don't have one anywhere near me, so I'm going to have to make a journey methinks! Great headsup on this one :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's also been found in Morrisons and Asda. Only £1 in Asda too. Do you have those near you?

      Delete
  2. My local co op doesn't do them but I did find the toffee popcorn and the biscuit dairy milk at whsmith... but my hunt for the oreo continues.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have mentioned that in my Co-op the Dairy Milk with Oreos were only located on their own stand in the bread aisle! The weird thing was that there were none in the actual chocolate aisle. It was just pure luck that I spotted them. Anyway, I hope you manage to find some soon.

      Let me know what you thought of the toffee popcorn and biscuit Dairy Milk!

      Delete
  3. I finally tracked down one of these today in a Co-op - hidden on their own stand again, not in the chocolate aisle.
    All I can say is wow!
    Really impressed by how thick the cookie and cream layer is too - think I may need to make a few return visits to Co-op.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooooh i soooo want this but we dont have a co-op and only a small morrisons, but will defo be looking out for it, nom nom nom lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. NOOOO....they can be found in Morrison, ASDA, Tesco, Wilkinsons, everywhere woman!!! You need to try this goddamn chocolate...go outside in the snow right now and get this chocolate....do you not care for your happiness.Be prepared though...this WILL change your life. You're welcome.

      Delete
  5. Heaven in a chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. IT REALLY IS...ISN'T IT :) ASDF ;KLJ I JUST...I CANT EVEN ASDF ;LKJ ASDF ;LKJ OHHHHHHH OREOS :D Since, you seem to have enjoyed the chocolate, maybe you would consider joining my fan group of Oreos on Facebook. 1 month free membership :) Consider it.

      Delete
  6. OH MY GOD. Let us all just take a minute from our lives to fully appreciate the combined taste of Oreo (without a doubt, the best biscuits ever manufactured by man) and Cadbury Dairy Milk Chocolate. Not only do I feel there should be a public holiday for the creator of this heavenly combination, but Oreo Cadbury should also be declared the national snack for breakfast, lunch and dinner. I was having family problems before I tried my first pack of this but 2 weeks and 10kg later, I am sure I will try my best in this life to get into heaven, where I am sure, there is a special podium for the Oreo Chocolate. God bless the Oreo. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found mine in tescos for a pound :)It was ammmmazzzing i thought it would be too sweet but balance of cream crunch and choccy perfect :D lovelovelovelove

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well, at long last I got to taste this bar. I live in the US and my family are from the UK and my sisters brought a couple of bars with them when they stayed with us this last week.

    Very yummy indeed, and my wife agreed. Since Oreos are so popular over here, and Cadbury is such a respected brand in the US you would think they would release this wonderful product in the States? It would be a licence to print money - they would fly off the shelves. No, not on your nelly. As long as Hershey have the distribution rights to Cadbury's chocolate product in the US we will have to put up with a token range of Cadbury bars, just enough to keep their contractual obligation, but not enough to eclipse their own brands in any way.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooooooooooooooo goooood, almost as good as sleeping in bed ;) lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...