25 Jan 2015

Review: Bassetts Jelly Bunnies


This is such a cute new addition to the Jelly Babies range for Easter - Bassetts Jelly Bunnies. I love these types of seasonal special editions but I just wish that the flavours in this pack were also new. 


Instead the Jelly Bunnies are simply a new bunny shape, instead of babies, but come in the same classic six flavours; Strawberry (pink), Lemon (yellow), Lime (green), Orange, Blackcurrant (dark purple) and Raspberry (darker pink). In the UK, Jelly Babies are covered with the starchy residue so it's harder to make out the bunny shapes in my photo, but they are actually very cute, with little whiskers and smiley faces.


The flavours are all the classics that I'm sure most people will have tried before. The three berry flavours are all very sweet and quite similar to each other, especially the strawberrry and raspberry. The blackcurrant is my favourite with it's stronger fruity taste. The three citrus sweets are sweet and zesty and are all quite different with their own individual lime, lemon, and orange flavours. I haven't had Jelly Babies for years but I find that as I'm older I naturally prefer the citrus flavours to the sweeter berry ones. The texture in these Jelly Bunnies is exactly the same as the Bassetts Jelly Babies (indeed the ingredients are identical too) with their soft squishy, jelly centres and firmer outer coating.

Grocery Gems Review: Bassetts Jelly Bunnies

RATING: 7 out of 10 (more if they were new flavours).
Buy them again?: Yes.

Nutrition: 87 calories per 4 sweets, 330 calories per 100g.
Purchased: Tesco
Price: £1.00p for 190g.

Many thanks to Andrew C. who let me know about these after he spotted them instore last week.

1 comment:

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...