9 Jan 2015

Review: Kinder Surprise Disney Fairies & Marvel Avengers Assemble


I finally managed to find the new Kinder Surprise chocolate eggs featuring Disney Fairies and Marvel Avengers Assemble toys to review. They're a great follow up to the Disney Princess and Marvel Heroes Kinder egg range from last year. 


So far I've only seen this Kinder Eggs in these special triple packs, rather than the far preferable single eggs. Please be aware that these triple packs will only contain ONE Disney Fairies or Marvel Avengers Assemble figure per pack. I was hoping that I wouldn't have to open all three eggs to find the Disney or Marvel toys ... but typically (in both boxes!) the special toy was in the last egg I opened out of the three. 


The Disney Fairies figure I found inside is Zarina, a fierce looking pirate fairy with her own flowery stand. The figure itself is made up of several pieces which results in a toy that is larger that the plastic egg casing. 


The rest of the Disney Fairies in this collection are; Tinkerbell, Rosetta, Iridessa, Periwinkle, Fawn, Silvermist, Vidia and Zarina. 


The Marvel Avengers Assemble figures are not as cute as the previous Marvel Heroes collection bobble head figures, but they still have the same play aspect, with a battle feature built in. This time if you push the figures head down you will get either an attack or defence number that you can use to play against your friends.


The other characters in the Marvel Avengers Assemble Kinder Eggs range are: Falcon, Iron Man,  Hawkeye, Captain America, Thor, Hulk, Nick Fury, and Loki.

I'll update this review with further photos as my collection grows. If anyone has completed their collection already then I'd love to add your photos too - please email me at: grocerygems@gmail.com. Thank you!

UPDATE: 


Here's a great photo from Lucy of her Disney Fairies collection. She's just missing one figure - Fawn and luckily didn't get too many repeats to get this far. It's such a pretty collection - thanks for the photo Lucy!

UPDATE 2: 


Lucy found the last one and now has a fabulous complete collection!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Kinder Surprise Disney Princess & Marvel Heroes

RATING: 8 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Iceland.
Price £1.85 for triple pack box.

13 comments:

  1. Kinder Suprise! I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just a heads up, tescoknow have red velvet cookies with a filled centre like the mince pie/snowman ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Anon - looks like I'm going to Tesco today to get some! :)

      Delete
    2. I like the sound of these cookies but unfortunately I couldn't find them at my local Tesco. Maybe they don't sell them at Tescos with a special bakery.

      Delete
  3. I bought the Disney Fairies pack from my local Tesco Extra (also saw them in Sainsbury's Local in Holborn today) and I haven't found a fairy yet. Will comment again once I've found one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great April, looks like they are getting easier to find. I've finally seen them sold individually but only in Co-op (at 2 for £1.20).

      I hope you find the fairy one next, let me know which one you get :)

      Delete
    2. I was in the Great Eastern Street Co-Op (near Old Street Station) on Monday but they still had some Barbie eggs and no fairy ones. Will look for the fairy ones when I'm next in my local Co-Op.

      Delete
    3. I went to the a great Eastern Street Co-Op again and they finally had the Disney Fairies Kinder eggs. I bought two on Monday and found a Tinkerbell ring in one. I bought another two today in the new Co-Op near St Paul's Cathedral and I found Vidia in one. Will find out what I've got in my remaining eggs in due course. PS I love Lucy's photo of her Disney Fairies collection.

      Delete
    4. That's great news April! I'm glad you found them. I've noticed the Barbie ones have been replaced in most places now (finally!).

      Lucy's photo is really great - and you reminded me that she sent me another one with the complete collection. I've added it now :)

      Delete
  4. The first fairy I found was Rosebud.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ive found all the boys and girls one im a matter of 2 weeks

    ReplyDelete
  6. From where you have buy this I also want to buy this stuff

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...