21 Mar 2015

New Instore: Asda Celebration Cakes, Yogurts & Ice Cream (Part 3!)


Another round up of new products spotted at Asda - they're on a roll at the moment! A big thanks to Lucy W. for letting me know about the new cakes. As usual, Asda is following the latest trends in the world of cake decorating (such as with their Piñata Cake), in releasing their version of the popular gravity cakes. These cakes usually involve a cascading effect above the cake, often using candy such as M&M's. Asda has take a slightly different approach!

Asda American Waffles & Syrup Gravity Cake (photo above): This celebration cake already looks impressive with it's cake design of a stack of waffles covered in syrup, bacon and butter. However, the real fun comes in the extra attachment, a bottle of syrup decoration that, once added, will look like it's pouring syrup on the cake. £12.00p at Asda.


Asda Pub Grub Pie & Gravy Gravity Cake: For a more British inspired version there is the Pub Grub Pie & Gravy Cake which even has fondant chips and a pile of peas on the side. This one has a gravy boat attachment which will look like it's pouring gravy on the cake. £12.00p at Asda.


M&M's Chocolate Celebration Cake: Asda had a M&M's Sofa Celebration Cake instore last year but it seems that the design has changed to this bathtub version. It's really bright and colourful but I wonder how it tastes? Let me know if you've tried it! £10.00p at Asda.


Hello Kitty Celebration Cake: This is slightly different design to the Hello Kitty Celebration Cake available at Asda last year. Is it wrong that I want this as my birthday cake? £10.00p at Asda.


Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Celebration Cake: One of the best things about the range of celebration cakes at Asda is that they always have an up to date selection of popular character cakes available. They also had a Big Hero 6 Celebration Cake instore. £10.00p at Asda.


Asda Monster Truck Mania Cake: Asda continue to release some really fun cakes too - this Monster Truck Mania cake is just awesome! £10.00p at Asda.


Asda Ripplicious Ice Creams: Thank you to Lot-O-Choc who commented on a previous post with details about this new Ripplicious range. I only spotted two varieties; Café Latte and White Chocolate & Passion Fruit, but I know there are various other flavours available too. £2.75p at Asda.


Rowntrees Randoms Minis: A new addition to the growing trend for mini ice lollies. The Rowntrees Randoms Ice Lollies come in a box of 12 lollies with three different flavours; lemon and lime, orange and strawberry. They consist of a fruit-flavoured outer layer with a marshmallow ice cream and a blackcurrant jelly centre. I'm sure I'll buy these in the future. Let me know in the comments if you've tried them! £2.48p at Asda.


Jammie Dodgers Jammie Bakes: These actually look really good - they're packs of large biscuits with a jammy filling. There are two flavours; Raspberry or Apricot. £1.59p at Asda.


Minions Iced Biscuits: Large tubs of Minions shaped cookies decorated with yellow icing. I've also seen these available in smaller multipack bags with exactly the same biscuits inside. £2.00p at Asda.


Twix Creamy Mix Yogurts: These consist of yogurt on a layer of caramel sauce with a side portion of chewy chocolate and biscuit pieces. There is also a Mars version available. £0.99p at Asda.


Ski Mousse Limited Edition Peach Mousse & Raspberry Sauce: I first tried this range with the Ski Mousse Coconut & Chocolate edition. I'll definitely be trying this Peach & Raspberry combination too. £1.00 (four pack) at Asda.


Müller Bliss Whipped Greek Style Crunchy Almond Clusters: I reviewed the Müller Bliss range when it was first released last year. This new Crunchy Almond Clusters flavour doesn't really appeal to me but if you've tried it then I'd love to know what you thought! There is also a new Mango & Passion fruit variety available. £1.50p (four pack) at Asda.


Müller Püd Corner: I finally managed to spot the new Müller Püd Corner desserts in two flavours; Toffee Dessert and Chocolate Dessert. They were also available to purchase as individual pots. £2.49p (four pack) at Asda.


Müller Rice Remix Greek Inspired: These look great, not so much because of the fruit flavours (apple and raspberry), but because the rice is flavoured with cinnamon. That's enough to make me want to try these. £1.96p at Asda.


Müller Hawaiian Dream Corner Multipack: At first this didn't look very exciting, I thought it was just the multipack of the Hawaiian Dream Pineapple limited edition (which I bought a few weeks ago but haven't reviewed yet). However, on closer inspection this multipack contains 3 x Coconut Crunch Yogurts and 3 x Mango Crunch Yogurt. Since coconut and mango happen to be my favourite yogurt flavours I'm ridiculously happy about this! £3.98p at Asda. 

As always, if you've spotted or bought any interesting new products then I'd love to hear from you too - grocerygems@gmail.com.


9 comments:

  1. I love all the new products that are out at Asda at the moment - there's also a huge chocolate Gingerbread Man celebration cake that is adorable and I just need to get haha! I've tried the Rowntrees Random mini lollies and was slightly disappointed with them; I don't they're very 'marshmallowy', the Rice Remixes are delicious though - the apple & cinnamon one is so good!! I haven't seen the Hawaiian Dream Muller yoghurts yet - will definitely have to pick some up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The chocolate Gingerbread man cake is fab! It looks great value too.

      I did pick up some of the Rice Remixes and I'm really looking forward to giving them a try :)

      Delete
  2. Definitely fancy the almond Bliss yoghurt and the cakes are brill.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you give it a try, I don't think it's a flavour I would like but I'm still quite curious about it!

      Delete
  3. Any way to see the chemical (ingredient) list?

    ReplyDelete
  4. i saw the ninja turtles cake when i was looking around after i went in for the Skyr. i LOVED ninja turtles as a kid and i love the new tv series - and i was happy it was Mikey as he's the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. The m and m bathtub cake was amazing! The new one (red cake) is horrible.

    Its my birthday tomorrow and im gutted they arnt doing the bathtub cake anymore!

    If anyone knows where sells it please let me know!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...