10 Mar 2015

Reader Review: Cornetto Peanut Butter Love


Welcome to the first ever reader review on Grocery Gems! Today's review is courtesy of Aaron R. who has sent me some great photos in the past. He spotted the new Cornetto Peanut Butter Love Ice Cream Cones in Asda and shared his photos and thoughts of this fab find. Over to Aaron R...

I love peanut butter products (but surprisingly I don't actually like or buy actual Peanut Butter Spread!.. EVER!). However, I do enjoy the array of Reese's Peanut Butter items that have popped up in the UK over the last few years so when I saw this new product by Cornetto I had to give it a try! 


On first glance at the actual Cornetto itself, I wasn't surprised by the small size (most Cornetto lovers would be in agreement that the size has diminished to what they once were way back when!). 


The top layer of the actual Cornetto was great, the chocolate was thick and the crunch was lovely, really enjoyable and tasty. The actual ice cream itself was creamy but also had those slight bitter taste notes that come with Peanut Butter products.


Underneath the ice cream was a lovely caramel flavoured sauce mixed in with the ice cream, that was actually just under half of the actual wafer... no complaints about this part of this treat! And Cornetto still has that faithful chocolate block at the end of the wafer!

All in all, a great ice cream treat that breaks away from the norm regarding Cornetto flavours - nice to see them branching out! 

Grocery Gems Reader Review (Aaron R): Cornetto Peanut Butter Love

RATING8 out of 10 only thing letting it down really was the size, taste though was great!
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Asda.
Price: £1.86p for a box of 4.

Thanks so much to Aaron for the great review. I really need to find the Cornetto Peanut Butter Love myself now! Looking at the Asda website they also have two other new Cornetto varieties; Cornetto Caramel and Cornetto Cookies 'n' Dream Ice Cream Cones. If you've tried any of those then I'd love to hear from you in the comments below.

10 comments:

  1. I'm not really a fan of peanut butter but this actually looks quite good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Serena! It's probably the most exciting of the three new flavours but I think I need to try them all now!

      Delete
  2. This carmel inside...omg, i love this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my this ice cream has me salivating.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really wasn't expecting this type of flavour from Cornetto but it's brilliant that they've done it. I can imagine they will be very popular in the coming months!

      Delete
  4. I have just let my sister know about these, thank you! She is peanut butter crazy!! Rather fancy them myself too!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh let me know how she gets on with them!

      There are so many new peanut butter ice creams coming out at the moment. In the US they have just released a Double Peanut Butter Magnum *want*

      Delete
  5. I loved these so much - they're delicious! The cookies n cream ones are equally as good!! Yum!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great to know! I can't wait to try the Cookies n Cream one now!!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...