15 Mar 2015

New Instore: Asda Ice Creams & Yogurts (Part 2!)


Thank you so much to new contributor Sun. L who sent me photos of a few more new ice creams and yogurts spotted in Asda. There really are a lot of new products in these categories at the moment!

Häagen-Dazs Summer Berries & Cream: This is described as a mixed berries ice cream with a raspberry swirl. It seems like raspberry and blueberry are popular new flavours at the moment for desserts and ice cream. £4.75p at Asda.


Häagen Dazs Chocolate Salted Caramel: I know that Häagen have had a Salted Caramel variety for a while now and it's interesting to see this new chocolate version being released. It's described as a chocolate caramel ice cream with salted caramel swirl and salted caramel brittle. Let me know in the comments if you've sampled this one! £4.45p at Asda.

Image: Sainsbury's
Häagen Dazs Yuzu Citrus & Cream: Whilst on the subject of new Häagen Dazs ice creams, there is also a third new flavour - the Limited Edition Yuzu Citrus & Cream. So far I've only seen this one in Sainsbury's (I wasn't able to take a photo of it but it's instore already). £3.50p at Sainsbury's.


Müller Light Goodies Lemon Meringue Yogurt: If you read Grocery Gems regularly then you'll know I'm a fan of the Müller Light range of yogurts. I only heard about the new Müller Light Goodies range a few days ago so I didn't realise they were instore already! I can't wait to try all the flavours in this range but especially this lemon variety with a side serving of meringue pieces. They're a great price at the moment too - £0.94p at Asda (four pack).


Müller Light Goodies Smooth Toffee: This variety has a toffee flavoured yogurt with a side portion of milk chocolate coated balls. There is also a third variety available; Müller Light Goodies Strawberry - a strawberry flavoured yogurt with white chocolate coated cereal balls on the side. £0.94p at Asda.


Weetabix Strawberry Special Edition: I know this has been out for a little while now but I thought it was worth mentioning this limited edition Comic Relief tie-in before it disappears from the shops completely. I haven't tried this Strawberry flavour yet but I've recently become a fan of the Banana Mini Weetabix. £1.87p at Asda.


Arla Skyr Icelandic Style Yogurt: And great new for any fans of Skyr Icelandic style high protein yogurts - they have been launched in the UK exclusively at Asda under the Arla brand. Thank you to Danielle and a couple of other commentators who pointed these out. I'll be tracking these down for a review soon! £1.25p at Asda.

Many thanks again to Sun. L for the gorgeous photos and all the great finds! If you've spotted or bought any interesting new products then I'd love to hear from you too - grocerygems@gmail.com.


12 comments:

  1. Müller Light Goodies Smooth Toffee - awsome! I want this in Poland!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried the chocolate salted caramel and wasn't too impressed - the salted caramel flavour gets lost in the chocolate ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That Yuzu lemon looks really scrummy and I need to try this and the protein yoghurt. The others look a bit pedestrian and I am losing the love for salted caramel. Everyone seems to be jumping on the bandwagon and no caramel is sold these days without being 'salted' even though I struggle to taste the evidence of any salt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know exactly what you mean about the salted caramel. The new Cadbury Marvellous Creations Salted Caramel ice cream is a perfect example of that - the ice cream barely has a caramel flavour let alone a salted caramel one!

      Delete
  4. The arla protein yoghurts are available at tesco as well and they are actually quark not yoghurt... The taste is very minimal I'm afraid and the texture is definitely an acquired taste! I tried them through bzz agent and was quite unimpressed. I bought some Skyr at the weekend though and am looking forward to trying that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bought some of the Skyr "Icelandic Style Yogurt" from Asda online and I think I may have ordered the wrong thing. The Skyr yogurt I got is definitely made with "skimmed milk" and no evidence of quark in the ingredients.

      Did the Skyr you tried through bzzagent look like the photo above or is there another one?

      Delete
    2. my bad the product i tried from bzzagent was different to skyr, it was "Arla Protein" which is actually a quark.. I tried the honey skyr today though and thought it was actually pretty nice! much better than the arla protein product

      Delete
  5. I am going to asda tomorrow (if I remember) to see if my local has the skyr - v interested to see how it is - not had flavours like that on any of my Iceland trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it comapres Danielle.

      I tried the "Skyr Icelandic Style Yogurt" from Asda and was a bit disappointed to be honest, it didn't seem any different at all from other strained yogurts, such as Danio. Not sure if I bought the right thing though!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...