2 Mar 2015

Degustabox February: Surprise Foodie Box & Discount Code!


February's Degustabox arrived a few days ago and this month a few chocolate treats whilst still including quite a few healthier products too. It's an interesting mix of new brands with some returning favourites aswell. Degustabox is a subscription service that sends out a surprise selection of foodie products each month. It's always exciting opening up the Degustabox each month and it makes a wonderful present for the foodie in your life. If you're looking for a Mother's Day gift idea then Degustabox is definitely worth keeping in mind as a unique and useful present.

Discount Code: MTAFQ 

Each Degustabox costs £12.99 a month, which includes delivery. There is no fixed contract involved and you can cancel at any time. Degustabox have kindly provided my readers with the following Discount Code for £3.00 off your next Degustabox, bringing the cost to £9.99 delivered. Simply enter the code - MTAFQ.


Here's a quick round up of all the products I received in the February Degustabox:


American Muffin Company Chocolate Brownie Bites: The American Muffin Company produces a range of gluten free and wheat free, muffins, cakes, brownies and cookies. They also have egg free and lactose free products on their website too.These Chocolate Brownie Bites are just delicious with a super moist texture and a lovely chocolate flavour. 


Whole Earth Peanut Butter with Sunflower, Peanut and Flaxseed: Whole Earth is my favourite brand of peanut butter as I prefer pure peanut butter spreads without any added sugar. I've been wanting to give this seeded version a try for a while now so I was pleased to find this jar in the Degustabox. If you've tried this Whole Earth Peanut Butter with seeds then I've love to know what you thought of it in the comments below.


Peanut Hottie: Another peanut butter product in the Degustabox is a jar of Peanut Hottie - the worlds first peanut butter flavoured hot drink. I reviewed Peanut Hottie when it first came out and I initially enjoyed it as an unusual but smoothly delicious hot drink. I have to admit that I'm not a fan of the latest chocolate version of this drink but I still like this original one.



Laimon Fresh: A sparkling soft drink made with 100% natural ingredients and juices. The flavour sounds lovely with a blend of lemon, lime and mint. It can be enjoyed on it's own or used as a base to create Mojito cocktails. This is another product I've wanted to try for some time so I'm looking forward to reviewing it.


Lily O'Brien's Cocoa Cookie Crunch: It's always great to have a chocolate treat included in the Degustabox, but especially so when it's one I haven't tried before. Lily O'Brien's, Ireland's best-loved chocolatier, have launched a range of luxury snacking pouches. The Cocoa Cookie Crunch are disc shaped chunks of solid chocolate filled with Oreo-style cookie pieces. These are so good! 


Schwartz Flavour Shots: Degustabox have featured these Schwartz Flavour Shots before (see here) and ever since then I've become a real fan of these useful recipe mixes. I always have a few in my store cupboard, especially the Schwartz Flavour Shots Spanish Paella, which is one of our favourites. I haven't tried the Indian Mild Masala Curry flavour shot before but I'll be giving it a go this week for a quick midweek dinner.


Beet It Sport: These are oat flapjacks made with added beetroot concentrate. They are high in dietary nitrate and are used for lowering blood pressure and improving sports performance. Mr. Grocery Gems will be trying these out as a pre-running snack - he likes the fact that they don't contain raisins!


Jack Link's Beef Snack: Jack Link's is the world's best selling meat snacks company and use the best quality meats to create their convenient easy-to-eat range. I've never actually tried any kind of dried meat snack (not even beef jerky!) so I'm really curious to give these a try. I'll have a full review soon. The Jack Link's Beef Snack bar is now available at Tesco Express stores.


Melba Thins: A box of 10 individually sealed portions of Melba Thins. The packaging emphasises the versatility of Melba Thins with snacking options for Night Owls (as an evening snack with cheese, meats, salads...) or for Early Birds (for breakfast or brunch with cheese, jam, eggs or ham...). I haven't bought Melba Thins for ages but they're really useful in these individual packs, especially for the kids lunch boxes and as a quick snacking option.

Overall I was pleased with the selection I received from Degustabox, they are all products that will be useful to have in my store cupboard and I'm looking forward to trying some of the new products too. This month, I was especially pleased with the Lily O'Brien's Cocoa Cookie Crunch, the America Muffin Company Chocolate Brownies, and the Whole Earth peanut butter spread. If you're a subscriber then I'd love to hear your thoughts on this months Degustabox selection in the comments below.

For more details:
Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com
I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.

5 comments:

  1. This peanut butter looks awsome! But must be very expensive :( And i really want try Peanut Hottie, in Poland haven't got this and this peanut butter :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whole Earth Peanut Butter is more expensive than other brands - I always look out for special offers!

      I hope the Peanut Hottie drinks gets to Poland eventually!

      Delete
  2. This month was my first degusta box and I was incredibly impressed. I had friends round Friday, one of whom is gluten intolerant so these brownies were a welcome treat. My favourite though was the lily o'brien's chocolates which, I'm not ashamed to admit, I ate on my own!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Charlotte,
      Thanks so much for your thoughts on this months box, it's always great to get another opinion.

      The Lily o'Briens chocolates were the highlight for me too. I honestly wasn't expecting them to be that interesting but they were so tasty (and I'm very annoyed that I had to share them!).

      Delete
  3. I think for a 'natural' peanut butter like Whole Earth it should not have any palm oil in it, surely it doesnt need it. the one i buy is just nuts. i think it goes against the brand they are portraying...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...