5 Jan 2013

Marks & Spencer Guilt Free Snacking Review - White Chocolate Biscuit Bites



Marks & Spencer describe their Guilt Free Snacking brand as "a range of sweet and savoury portion controlled snacks that don't compromise on taste and quality and are all less than 150 calories". It's seems like an interesting idea - balancing tasty treats with limited calories. There are several new varieties in this range which certainly looked very delicious including; chocolate cornflake snacks, crispy fudge bars and many more. I went for these Mini White Chocolate Biscuit Bites.


Inside the bag there are five individually sealed portions which each have 125 calories...


... and inside the individual bags there are seven small biscuits.


The biscuits have a slightly funny look to them, with little "tails" of white chocolate. The taste of the white chocolate however is absolutely delicious - smooth, creamy, with a slight hint of vanilla and not overly sugary. The inner biscuit is fantastic too, it's a shortcake biscuit and it tastes divine with the white chocolate covering. Seriously delicious. It has a perfect texture, just melt in the mouth and ever so slightly crumbly. I loved them.... but the only problem is that there are only seven of them!


I suppose that is the whole essence of the "guilt free" part - a teeny portion size. This is obviously good for anyone who struggles with portion control. Most biscuits come in large packs and it can be hard to stop at one... or two. The whole pack of these Mini White Chocolate Biscuit Bites probably doesn't add up to more than a few regular sized biscuits anyway but at least they won't break the calorie bank. Overall, they do provide a lovely chocolate biscuit hit, the flavours are all spot on, and I would certainly try more from this range on taste value alone.

Grocery Gems Verdict: M&S Guilt Free Snacking Mini White Chocolate Biscuit Bites

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?:  Yes (my kids absolutely love them too!).
Nutrition per bar: 125 calories, 1.7g protein, 15.5g carbohydrate (9.7g sugars), 6.2g fat.

Purchased: Marks & Spencer.

 Price: £1.59p for 5 bags.

6 comments:

  1. These look delicious. I don't think I'd have a problem eating two bags...or even three, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They really were - I was surprised by just how delicious!

      Delete
  2. These look awesome. I love the idea of individual portions like these as I seriously can't be trusted with big bags. I will have to check out this range as despite all the chocolate I am reviewing lately, I'm still doing Slimming World and things like this make it much easier for me to stick to it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As a fellow white chocolate fan I think you would love the taste of these, they are so delicious! You make some great points about portion control, these definitely make it easier to stick to a limit on calories.

      Delete
  3. Oh wow, never seen these before, I battle a lot with food everyday, and I do miss my sweet fixes, especially when white chocolate is my complete undoing :)....so I think I'd be able to start my recovering (sweet/choc wise) with these yummy looking biscuits! Wonderful review! Thank you so much for sharing these, shall look out for them at my local M&S. Great price for five bags too!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Becca! You'll certainly get a lovely white choc fix with these - it's my favourite too! I didn't think these would taste that great for the calories but they are absolutely delish!

      They had quite a large range of these "Guilt Free" snacks but I forgot to take write down some of the different products. I'll have to go back and take another look ;)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...