17 Aug 2013

New Twix Mix


When I reviewed the Mars Mix a few months back, I may have been a tad negative and bored by that so-called new product. It was, after all, a simple rebranding of the previous Mars Planets but with all the crispy ones evicted. The Twix Mix however, is a slightly more interesting prospect. Even though I haven't eaten a Twix in awhile (well there was a White Chocolate Twix last year but I'm not sure that counts), they are still one of my favourite chocolate bars.


The Twix Mix, just like the Mars Mix, is made up of milk chocolates based on the bar in question. In the case of the Twix Mix this simply means caramel chocolates and biscuit chocolates, which it has to be said are much smaller than in the Mars Mix version. It's impossible to tell which ones are which from the outside, but by grabbing a few there is usually a caramel and biscuit one in there somewhere - and the combination is extremely delicious.


I loved both of these little chocolate bites, especially the creamy caramel. The chocolate is of course very sweet, but the biscuit and caramel work together so well and create a very enjoyable chewy and crunchy snack. I've finally found a share bag that all of my family can enjoy (raisins and Maltesers are a no go area in this house). Happily, this bag was enjoyed by everyone, with no complaints. It might not be the most innovative product of the year but it's one that is easy to love.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Twix Mix

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 35g)
: 175 calories.

Purchased: Tesco.
Price: £1.00p for 140g sharing bag.

5 comments:

  1. I bought a bag of these lastnight from my local small Tesco and really enjoyed them too! I did find slightly more biscuit ones in ratio to the caramel ones but not enough to put me off buying again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good point, and I experienced the same. The first six or seven I had were all biscuit but soon enough the caramels started to appear!

      Delete
    2. Maybe it just seems that way because the caramels are heavier so naturally 'fall' to the bottom of the bag! Shake em up first folks! :-D

      Delete
  2. Ha, that's exactly what I thought, right down to feeling cheated out of the Mars Planets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So yummy,love it so much.*__*
    I like your blog. Maybe follow each other on bloglovin?
    Let me know follow you then back.
    Lovely greets Nessa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...