8 Aug 2013

Oasis Mango Medley Drink


Launched a few months ago, this Mango Medley is a new flavour for the Oasis drink range. It's not a brand that I'm particularly familiar with and I only bought this one after much pestering by my mango mad son. I'm quite annoyed with myself that I didn't take a closer look at the label because this drink contains artificial sweeteners, including aspartame, which I usually try to avoid


The medley part of the name refers to the fact that this is drink is a mix of mango and orange fruit juice... although there is laughably only 3% mango juice and 2% orange juice in total. I'll stop the negativity there though because I'm sure most people who buy Oasis don't expect a pure fruit juice with these. And to be fair to the Oasis Mango Medley, it's quite an enjoyable drink. It's basically a mango and orange squash - very tropical and fruity, but quite light and refreshing at the same time.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Oasis Mango Medley

RATING: 6 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Probably not.
Nutrition
: 90 calories per bottle (500ml).

Purchased: Corner Shop.
Price: £1.00p.

4 comments:

  1. Oh I hate it when they use artificial sweeteners, they leave such an unpleasant aftertaste. They should just stick to pure fruit juice since it's supposed to be a fruit drink anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like the Oasis range, it's one of the only ones I usually go for 'on the go' as i'm not a lover of fizzy drinks and often want something more substantial than a small juice. But, I never realised how much rubbish was in these either! :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought this drink was disgusting, it tastes nothing like mango and is really artificial and sweet. Also it has a disgusting coconut aftertaste and i would advise people not to purchase.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've bought this drink and couldn't work out why it tastes of coconut. I CANNOT stand coconut and notice it a mile off. But I CANNOT find any sign of it in any ingredients list, unless it is in the "natural mango flavourings with other natural flavourings"?
    Very disappointed as usually love mango drinks

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...