9 Oct 2013

Review: Kit Kat Pumpkin Pudding (Japan)


It's not just in America that they get seasonal pumpkin themed products - take for example this fun looking Pumpkin Pudding Kit Kat which has just been released in Japan as a limited edition. I couldn't resist buying a pack as soon as I saw it was available to buy online (from Oyatsu Cafe).


The packaging is extremely eye catching, with lots of bright orange, juxtaposed with a large green (wait, green?) pumpkin on the front. I'm not exactly sure that "Pumpkin Pudding" actually exists, but looking at the above picture, this flavour is based on a creamy mousse type of dessert.


I purchased these as a multibag which contains 12 mini Kit Kats - and they really are very small. About half the size of our two finger Kit Kat. I love the cute packaging of the mini Kit Kat themselves, with various different designs featuring pumpkins (some orange ones sneaking in here!) and smiley ghosts.


As with many of the other flavoured Kit Kats I've tried, this one seems to have a white chocolate based covering. The scent is immediately of pumpkin (yes, the actual veg!) but with a really sweet and creamy edge. Clearly this is not just a "pumpkin spice" product, which usually means cinnamon and other spices but no actual pumpkin.


The flavour of these Pumpkin Pudding Kit Kat starts with the dominant sweet white chocolate. Once this initial sweetness has subsided the creamy pumpkin flavour comes to the fore, although it's a much lighter flavour than the scent suggested. It might sound like a strange combination but pumpkin is a vegetable that often works well in sweet desserts, and it certainly tastes delicious here. Overall, I enjoyed these extremely sweet Pumpkin Pudding Kit Kat with their subtle pumpkin flavour.

I purchased these from Oyatsu Cafe and used the discount coupon GROCERYGEMS for 15% off my Oyatsu Cafe order. Delivery was extremely fast from Japan to the UK (just over a week).  More details here: http://grocerygems.blogspot.co.uk/2013/03/oyatsu-cafe-discount-code.html

Grocery Gems Verdict: Pumpkin Pudding Kit Kat

RATING: 8.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Purchased: Available from Oyatsu Cafe.
Price $6.99 (approx. £4.39)

4 comments:

  1. These look like so much fun! The packaging is really eye catching and it's quite nice to see a product that's flavoured with pumpkin, rather than the 'spice'. (I think I'm the only person that went to Starbucks last year and went: "Really, the big deal is that they put cinnamon on top of the coffee?" It's fair to say, I just didn't get it.) I think the next time I have some spare cash, I'll have to give these Japanese Kit Kats a try!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol I totally agree with you about the Starbucks "pumpkin spice", I did the same thing! I reviewed it at the time and was quite disappointed that it wasn't actually pumpkin! http://grocerygems.blogspot.co.uk/2012/10/starbucks-pumpkin-spice-latte-salted.html

      Delete
    2. Whoops, not sure why there are such big gaps in the comment above!

      Delete
  2. These look good :) I want to try them out too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...