28 Oct 2013

Review: Marks & Spencer Peanut Butter Heaven Dessert


It's taken me a while to find this Peanut Butter Heaven dessert after visiting quite a few branches of M&S (I eventually found it in their Westfield Stratford store), but it's probably no surprise that it was absolutely worth the wait.


There are two elegant looking Peanut Butter Heaven desserts in each pack. They consist of a main layer of peanut butter mousse, with further layers of caramel sauce, shortbread biscuit crumb, and dark chocolate ganache topped with marbled chocolate curls.


Each dessert is quite generously sized, but so completely delicious that I could have easily eaten both pots by myself. The peanut butter mousse layer in particularly is just divine; creamy, with a lightly whipped texture and full of peanut butter flavour. This is combined with a richly flavoured dulce de leche type caramel sauce underneath. At the very bottom is a layer of crumbed shortbread biscuits, providing some lovely crumbly texture against all the other completely smooth layers. The dark chocolate ganache topping was surprisingly bitter, but it did give a welcome contrast to the very sweet layers beneath. I would have preferred a bit of extra peanut butter flavour in this chocolate ganache, that would have really take this dessert into the realms of peanut butter "heaven" for me, but perhaps I'm just being a bit greedy!

Overall this is a fantastic dessert from M&S, and one that I would buy again without hesitation.
.
Grocery Gems Verdict: M&S Peanut Butter Heaven

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 116g pot): 385 calories. 
Vegetarian: Suitable for vegetarians.
Purchased: M&S.

9 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I am definitely going to get them to try. It's great to see more peanut butter based desserts in the UK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah. I don't think we will be able to say there is a lack of peanut butter products in the UK before long!

      Delete
  2. I can't put into words how much I need this in my life - fantastic review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks delicious! I want to try too. So many new peanut products are out recently...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cannot wait to try this...it's my mission to find one before the weekend! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. This dessert was heaven, even my non peanut butter loving man devoured this and wanted another. I agree we need more peanut butter and chocolate desserts in the UK.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...