12 Oct 2013

Review: Milka Tender Schokolade Cake


I was surprised to see this German imported Milka Tender Schokolade cake in a local discount store (Sam 99p). I've seen quite a few Milka products in discount stores recently but never this particular one.


The cake is quite large and we managed to get about 6 decent servings out of it, luckily it had resealable packaging. It's a striking looking cake with it's bold flower design on top. This turned out to be very thinly stenciled onto the surface of the cake rather than being a layer of white chocolate.


The chocolate cake itself is quite simple, with two sponge layers separated by chocolate cream, and chocolate icing on top. It had a good chocolatey flavour, and the cake itself was very soft and fairly moist. A great cake to enjoy with a tea or coffee!


My hubby is a big fan of chocolate cake, probably more so than me, and he really did enjoy this one. It's great value too.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Milka Tender Schokolade Cake

RATING: 7 out of 10.
Buy it again?: Yes.
Nutrition (per 50g)
205 calories. 

Purchased: Sam 99p Store.
Price: Take a guess.


5 comments:

  1. This looks absolutely delicious! Will keep my eye out next time I go to my local discount store!
    Great review

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Erin! It really is a great looking cake - definitely worth trying if you can find it.

      Delete
  2. Ah I've seen this in a local discount store too, although it seems to be out of stock now. I went for the Tender Tiramisu flavour mini rolls instead (very nice!). There's others too like raspberry yogurt rolls and black forest, have you tried those?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh wow those sound good too! I've only seen this particular cake so far from the range, and like you say it disappeared quite quickly from the shelves. I'd love to try the Black Forest rolls!

      Delete
  3. I must find too, and have it with some custard. Craving cake...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...