16 Oct 2013

Review: Liberté Strained Greek Style Yogurt Blueberry Harvest


As an all round yogurt fan, I've tried out a few different brands of the newly popular super thick strained yogurts, such as Fruyo (review here) and Danio (review here). Even though I enjoyed the super thick texture of these types of yogurts, I don't buy them too often as I find that the individual servings a bit too large (170g in the Fruyo pots) for me. I've been meaning to try these Liberté Strained yogurts, because the pots are much smaller (100g), which I prefer. The Liberté brand has a long heritage in Canada where it began, and has finally been launched in the UK this year.


There are several flavours available; Strawberry, Blueberry Harvest, Lemon Bliss, Golden Honey, as well as a plain variety. I decided to go for the Blueberry Harvest. Each pot has 85 calories, is naturally rich in protein and is free from artificial sweeteners and preservatives.


I had seen in other reviews of the Liberté range that the yogurt is often separated (with a watery layer on top), however I didn't encounter that problem with any of mine. The yogurt was thick, creamy and extremely satisfying, just like the other strained yogurts I've tried. I found that the blueberry compote layer at the bottom had plenty of juicy blueberries, but was quite runny, almost liquid in consistency. Despite that, I still enjoyed this fruity layer, as I found it lighter and less sugary than the compotes in other yogurt brands. and it worked well with the thick texture of the yogurt itself.

Grocery Gems Verdict: Liberté Strained Greek Style Yogurt Blueberry Harvest

RATING: 7.5 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes, the smaller size is perfect for me.
Nutrition: 85
 calories

Purchased: Sainsbury's.
Price: £2.19 (multipack of 4)..


4 comments:

  1. hi katherine

    Well I also have been trying these yogurts, I've tried Strawberry and Blueberry. I think your 7.5 rating is low!

    I would give them 9 out of 10

    They are very similar to the Danio ones, but I hate that you have to buy 4 of the same flavour unlike the Danio which come indiviudally. They also don't contain any weird ingredients like Danio for example Carrageenan (a thickener).

    The strawberry ones are very nice, nicer than Blueberry. I got a 4 pack at half price for £1.09 at Tesco.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some very good points there. I agree that it would be nicer if these came in a four pack with a selection of flavours rather than all being the same.

      I would have given these a higher rating but for the runny compote at the bottom. I still want to give the Strawberry a try (thanks for the tip about the Tesco half price offer) and hopefully they will get a higher rating.

      But thank you, as always, for adding to my review with your own thoughts and rating. I really do appreciate such great feedback!

      Delete
  2. I haven't seen this brand but I will look out for it. I love strained yogurt and have been completely addicted to Danios until I discovered Chobani black cherry! Chobani comes in different sizes but I find that the 110g pots which you get as 4 pack are just the right amount. I know what you mean about the Danios being a bit big and they are expensive!
    Chobani is also half price in Tesco at the moment with a 4 pack being £1.14

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Hannah, that's a great tip. I've only seen Chobani as the big pots too but I'll take a closer look next time I'm in Tesco. The black cherry sounds VERY good to me!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...