31 Jan 2015

Review: M&S Hot Cross Muffins


The M&S Hot Cross Muffin, a fab new product for Easter 2015, is  a cross between a hot cross bun and a muffin. There have been plenty of bakery hybrids in the past few years, such as the Duffin (a cross between a doughnut and a muffin), or more recently the Tesco Mince Pie Cookies, but I think these Hot Cross Muffins are my favourite by far. A big thank you to Fran who emailed me that she had spotted them instore this week. 



The Marks & Spencer Hot Cross Muffins are described as deliciously moist spiced muffins, with juicy Turkish sultanas, Greek Vostizza currants and citrus peel, hand decorated with a cross. Inside the muffins are indeed full of lovely plump raisins and currants. The flavour is delicious too, very reminiscent of a spiced hot cross bun, but as a much sweeter, cakey version. The hints of lemon and orange come through wonderfully too, giving these muffins a gorgeous fruity flavour. The texture of the muffin is not too greasy either, which is often the case with supermarket muffins. 

Overall, I thought the M&S Hot Cross Muffins were just perfection and I thoroughly enjoyed them. I would even say that I prefer them to actual hot cross buns or any regular muffins! 

Grocery Gems Verdict: M&S Hot Cross Muffins

RATING: 10 out of 10.
Buy them again?: Yes!
Nutrition: 254 calories per muffin.
Vegetarian: Suitable for Vegetarians.
Purchased: Marks & Spencer.
Price: 2 for £2.50p (four packs).

3 comments:

  1. Ha chuffed that you both found and enjoyed them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for the tip Fran! I doubt I would have spotted them for awhile otherwise :)

      Delete
  2. You make me hungry... I want so much to find these in M&S food stores in France. I hope they will be available soon.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...