30 May 2014

Degustabox May - Foodie Surprise Box & Discount Code!


The May Degustabox arrived yesterday and, once again, it was packed full of foodie treats. If you've never heard of Degustabox before, it's a monthly foodie subscription service that sends out an exciting selection of products from new and well known brands. It's a bit different from other snack subscription services I've tried, as it's more based on actual groceries and always contains tasty but useful items, as well as delicious treats.

Discount Code: GHZHC

Each Degustabox cost £12.99 a month, which includes delivery, with no fixed contract involved. Degustabox have kindly provided my readers with the following Discount Code for £3.00 off your next Degustabox, bringing the cost to £9.99 delivered. Enter the code - GHZHC

Here's a quick round up of all the products inside this months Degustabox.




Kettle Sweet Potato Chips - Sweet Chilli: These new Kettle Sweet Potato Chips are an interesting alternative to regular chips. They are oven baked so have 50% less fat compared to fried vegetable chips and don't contain any artificial ingredients. Available in Waitrose in Lightly Salted or Sweet Chili flavours. I'm glad these were included in the Degustabox as I've been wanting to try them.


Garafalo Pasta: I was very impressed by the Garafalo Wholewheat Spaghetti that was included in the Degustabox a few months ago (here) so I'm looking forward to giving their Elicoidale pasta a try. Garafalo has been making pasta since 1789 in Gragnano near Naples using the finest durum wheat to create high quality pastas.


Cirio La Classica Passata: There were two Cirio tomato products in this months Degustabox. My husband laughed when he saw this La Classica Passata because if there is one thing we have a lot of - it's passata. I'm known for bulk buying passata - I probably have about 10 packets in my cupboards at any given time! Mainly because I don't use tinned tomatoes in cooking, I really dislike tinned tomatoes actually, so for me passata is the basis of most meals. Whether it's Italian, Indian, Portuguese - it usually starts with passata.


Cirio SuperCirio Tomato Puree: Essential for thickening up the above passata! Cirio claim to only use ripe vivid red tomatoes to give it an extra rich, authentic and delicate flavour. I'm sure I'll be able to put both these products to good use. 


Raw Chewing Gum: Raw is a sugar free chewing gum which gives you a boost of vitamin B. Each pack contains 18 pieces of flavoured gum. I was expecting these to be minty but the flavour is more of a fruity one. I'd be interested to know where to purchase these again.


Hornsby's Cider: Hornsby's have taken inspiration for the USA to create a range of ciders combined with fruit flavours. There were two bottles in my Degustabox; American Classic Crisp Apple Cider and Crisp Pear Cider with Strawberry & Lime Flavour. I'm not really a cider drinker but I already have quite a few willing volunteers ready to take these off my hands! 


Elizabeth Shaw Dark Chocolate Cocoa Crunch Flutes: These are much more to my taste! Elizabeth Shaw's new Flutes range are batons of chocolate with a tempting selection of fillings and flavours. The Cocoa Crunch Flutes consist of rich dark chocolate with crunchy cocoa nibs - I haven't tried Elizabeth Shaw's chocolates before so I'm looking forward to trying out the range for the first time.


Taylors of Harrogate: A box of 20 individually wrapped Blackberry & Elderflower teabags from Taylors of Harrogate and created in conjunction with Royal Botanic Gardens, Kew. There are six tea infusions which have been created in this partnership, the other flavours are; Sweet Rhubarb, Chamomile & Vanilla, Lemongrass & Ginger, Peppermint Leaf and Spiced Apple. 


Cawston Press Cloudy Apple: A sparkling blend of pressed apply juice made using great tasting apple varieties; Cox's Orange Pippin, Braeburn & Bramley. The Cawston Press Rhubarb drink that came with last months box was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend this range.


Finn Crisp Original: This month half of the Degustabox subscribers received Lizzie's Granola and the other half had Finn Crisp in their parcel. I obviously received the Finn Crisp Original thin sourdough rye crispbread, which is fine by me as these types of crispbreads have become a staple product in my store cupboard. These Finn Crisp crispbreads have only 22 calories per slice and are high in wholegrain fibre and low in fat.


Dr. Oetker Cake Release Spray: Very pleased to see this included in my parcel, as I've been wanting to try it for ages. Now I have the perfect excuse to bake a cake! It eliminates the need for greasing or lining tins before pouring in the cake mixture and is especially useful for irregular shaped tins. I have a Lego brick cake mould that never works properly no matter how well I grease it before baking - perfect time to give it another try I think!

Overall I was once again pleased with the selection in the Degustabox. It hasn't quite reached the heights of last months' chocolate and snack laden box, but as always, most of the products in this months box do appeal to me.  I'd love to hear your thoughts on this months Degustabox in the comments below.

For more details:
Degustabox website: www.degustabox.com
I received a Degustabox in order to provide an honest review.

3 comments:

  1. I'm glad you wrote about it, the products in seems to be great, for 12.99 it's just a bargain! And I just do my subsrcibtion and for first box they give me -40%, that's great! Can't wait to get my first box!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh exciting! I hope you enjoy your first box, and getting a -40% discount is very good!! :)

      Delete
    2. I already almost convince my mate from work to order it too, I saw you can get for that some extra points :) I'm very excited and can't wait to get my first box!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...