14 Oct 2014

New Instore: Pumpkin Soup, Desserts & more Gingerbread products UPDATED


Häagen-Dazs Vanilla & Florentine Limited Edition: This is such a sophisticated sounding combination from Häagen Dazs. It's a vanilla ice cream with orange flavoured caramel swirls and orange flavoured almond florentine biscuit pieces. £3.20 at Waitrose (special introductory offer).


Carte D'or Raspberry, Vanilla & Biscuit: The photo does this no justice at all. It's a large (about twice the size of a Viennetta) celebration ice cream with gold decorations. It looks absolutely gorgeous! £4.00 at Waitrose. 


New Covent Garden Soup Pumpkin Ghoulash: I've been waiting for the Halloween themed soup from New Covent Garden to appear instore and it's great to see that it's once again pumpkin inspired. This Pumpkin Ghoulash soup is a vegetable soup made with tomatoes, carrots, pumpkin, red and green peppers, and smoked paprika. I don't think I tried this one when it was around in previous years but I've already bought a pack this time. Review coming soon. £1.50p at Sainsbury's. 


Rachel's Organic Apple & Butterscotch Yogurt: Rachel's Organic always come up with interesting seasonal limited edition flavours for their yogurts, and this Apple & Butterscotch looks very appealing. £1.85 at Waitrose. 


Sainsbury's Cappuccino Swiss Roll: I couldn't quite get a decent photo of this but it looked interesting - a cappuccino flavoured sponge roll. £1.50p at Sainsbury's.

A big thank you to Lucy W. who sent me some the following photos of products that she spotted instore and also a few that she bought. Thanks Lucy!


Tesco Salted Caramel Chocolate Chunk Muffins: Tesco has a new range of muffins in a few different flavours. The muffins come in packs of two for £1.50p which is quite expensive for supermarket branded muffins.  They look good though, especially with their coffee-house style brown muffin wraps, and I'm keen to try this Salted Caramel variety. 


Tesco Raspberry & White Chocolate Muffins: I like the sound of this flavour too! Lucy also spotted Lemon & Poppy Seed and Mississippi Mud Pie flavours in this range. Also £1.50p for a twinpack at Tesco.


Philadelphia Duo Cremoso: Available in three varieties: Garlic & Fine Herbs, Vine Ripened Tomato, and Cracked Peppercorn. The Duo Cremoso range has a dual texture with creamy Philadelphia on the outside and a softly whipped flavoured centre. £2.50p at Tesco.


Tesco Gingerbread Cupcakes: I remember buying these last year but I didn't actually review them. They're gingerbread flavoured cupcakes with a gooey sauce centre. They reminded me of a similar gingerbread cupcake that appears in Costa Coffee around Christmas time. 


Gü Hot Chocolate: These new ready made hot chocolates from dessert makers Gü are currently on a 2 for £3.00p offer in Tesco. There are three varieties of hot chocolate: Gü Mocha, Gü Chocolate, and Gü Salted Caramel.


Gü Maple & Pecan Pies: Mr. Grocery Gems is a fan of pecan pie so I'll be tracking down this dessert version from Gü for him. £3.00p at Sainsbury's.


Gü Hot White Chocolate Melting Middles: These are coconut and white chocolate! Yes, pretty much my dream combination. I love the idea of the melting middle too.


Gü Salted Caramel Melting Middles: And if coconut is not your thing then there is also this Salted Caramel version.  I'm still fully onboard with the salted caramel trend, and it doesn't look like it'll be ending any time soon...


M&S Salted Caramel Brownie Slices: These look good too! I love the idea of a salted caramel and brownie combination.


M&S Tiramisu Cream Liqueur: Oooh this is like Bailey's meets dessert! I think M&S will be selling a lot of these in the run up to Christmas. If you've tried this one then I'd love to hear from you in the comments! 

Thanks again Lucy for all the brilliant photos!

Now for a few products that should be available instore soon:

Ready Brek Gingerbread: My kids pretty much start every day with a bowl of Ready Brek and even though I don't usually buy the flavoured versions, I'll have to make an exception for this Gingerbread variety - it just sounds so warming! £1.99 at Tesco.


Walls Gingerbread Sandwich: This gingerbread ice cream sandwich looks awesome. If you spot these instore anywhere then please let me know! 
Oreo Chocolate Ice Cream Cones with Oreo Biscuit Pieces: I really enjoyed the original vanilla version of these cones. Asda now has these new chocolate versions in store for £1.50.

As always if you spot any new products instore do drop me a line - grocerygems@gmail.com


13 comments:

  1. I saw the Gingerbread Sandwich ice-creams in Waitrose last week, reduced from £2.99 to £2 as an introductory offer.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU Kate! I'm off to Waitrose later today then! Thanks so much for the heads up :)

      Delete
    2. Hope they're as good as they look! I would've got some myself, but I'm on a diet :(

      Delete
  2. Oreo chocolate ice cream? :O I want! In Poland we haven't got oreo ice creams cones :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! Do you get the regular Oreo biscuits there?

      Delete
    2. Yes :) But i don't like Oreo cookies hehe ;) I like only chocolate with oreo and ice cream with oreo :)

      Delete
  3. I WANT TO EAT IT ALL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oooh i need to try those ice cream sandwiches. i bought the oreo round ones when they were on offer in waitrose and i think i ate 3 in a row! they remind me of the mickey mouse shaped ones from disney. i do need to go to waitrose to get some scotch bonnet peppers tho.... (no other bugger has them)

    all those Gu things look amazing too. i *could* add some to my tesco delivery for friday but i think ill try and resist for now. i like the sound of the white chocolate one. i'd like to try and hot chocolate but i think thats too much for just me.

    i'd like to try the M&S tirimisai thing too, but i couldnt buy a whole bottle, i have SO much liquor in my house and i hardly drink it. i have 2 bottles of flavoured baileys, rum cream, about 4 litres of JD...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those haagen Dazs sound lovely. I was hoping they would bring back the marc de champagne flavour from last year though, they were amazing! That carte dor ice cream looks pretty great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't realise the Marc de Champagne one isn't around anymore, I don't think I even got to try that one!

      The Carte D'or one interests me more than the new Häagen Dazs to be honest, I like these kinds of party ice creams :)

      Delete
  6. Those Gingerbread Sandwich Ice Cream is really good and has been sold in Sweden for several years from September-December. It's a variety of the Swedish "Sandwich" Ice Cream (don't know if you got that in the UK?), which is soft chocolate biscuit instead of ginger bread, made by GB Glace (which is owned by Unilever like Walls).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Nicky,

      That's really interesting, thanks for all the info. I haven't heard of the Swedish sandwich ice cream before so I don't think it's something we can get in the UK. I like the fact that it's usually chocolate and then has a gingerbread version before Christmas!

      I'll have my review of the Walls Gingerbread Sandwich later today - I'd be interested to know if you think it looks the same as the one you've tried!

      Thanks again :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...