The lovely Elanor at Elanor's Nails nominated me for the Liebster Award last month. It feels fantastic to be acknowledged by a fellow blogger and I'm really excited to take part in my first Blog Award. Thank you Elanor!
The Liebster Award is given to bloggers who have less than 200 followers, so it's for all the little guys out there! I also love the fact that "Liebster" means "Dearest" in German.
There are some rules to go along with acceptance of the Liebster Award, which are in brief: post 11 random facts about yourself, then answer the 11 questions that the person who nominated you has set, then set 11 of your own questions for the bloggers you are nominating for this award (up to 11 blogs with less than 200 followers).
Got that? It's kind of like a chain letter but with love instead of malice :-)
11 random facts about me:
- I spend too much money on chocolate.
- I love Scandinavian crime dramas which feature woolly jumpered detectives, English subtitles and coalition politics.
- I have too many nail polishes to count, they are slowly taking over my house.
- I was in the local newspaper for winning a "cutest smile" competition... when I was 5.
- I studied History at University.
- I can't walk past a discount store without having a "quick look".
- I can't walk past a library without having a "quick browse".
- I spend hours in discount stores and libraries.
- I hated anything coconut flavoured as a child and now I love it!
- I have an on-off obsession with the Eurovision Song Contest.
- As a child I was a super fussy eater and drove my Mum crazy... how times have changed!
Elanor's questions for me:
- Favourite book? Chocolat by Joanne Harris (yes really!).
- Favourite cheese? I think it would be better to ask which cheese don't I like? To which the answer is none!
- Favourite non alcoholic drink? Coffee!
- Favourite alcoholic drink? I don't drink alcohol.
- Red or blue? Blue.
- Sea or river? I love the sea air, rivers can be stinky.
- City or countryside? City girl without a doubt.
- Mountains or beach? Beach.
- Cats or dogs? Cats but I don't have any pets.
- Elephants or tigers? I love elephants - although I'm past my elephant ornament phase.
- Do you mind spiders? I hate spiders.
My Hard-Hitting Newsnight-esque Questions are:
- Favourite breakfast cereal?
- Favourite chocolate bar?
- Favourite TV show at the moment?
- All-time favourite TV show?
- Favourite author?
- What's the weirdest thing you've ever eaten?
- Favourite comedy film?
- Favourite supermarket?
- What's your plan of action for a zombie apocalypse?
- Pizza or pasta?
- Tea or coffee?
Finally these are the bloggers I'm tagging for the Liebster Award:
- Hannah at The Review Addict
- Dave at The Snack Review
- Kev at Kev's Snack Reviews
- Adrian at Crunchynutta
- Baobao at A Simply Geeky Life
- Emmie at A Female Reviews
The Liebster Award Rules
- Each person must list 11 things about themselves.
- Answer the 11 questions that I have set for you and create 11 questions of your own for the people you will nominate with this award.
- Choose up to 11 bloggers linking them to your post.
- Remember to only tag bloggers with less than 200 followers