6 Dec 2012

Arden & Amici Drunken Panettone


A few weeks ago I had an Arden & Amici Week to review some of the products I had been sent from their new festive range. I didn't get a chance to review this indulgent Drunken Panettone which is made with butter and Moscato syrup and using a 40 year old mother yeast. Just like the other panettone's in the Arden & Amici range, this Drunken Panettone comes beautifully wrapped. The packaging is an elegant taupe and gold topped with a black ribbon and bow. It's perfect to give as a gift at Christmas, if you can resist eating it yourself before the day arrives!


I don't think I have shown what the packaging looks like underneath the lovely wrapping. There is a white cardboard box with the panettone safely snuggled inside. As soon as I opened this packaging I could smell the delicious aroma of the Drunken Panettone. It is light and buttery with a mouthwatering baked smell. The panettone has a dark golden brown colour with large raisins visible from the outside.


Once cut open the Drunken Panettone reveals a perfect texture and just the right amount of fruit. The bread has such a delicious buttery flavour and super soft consistency. It's pure melt in the mouth joy! The raisins are so moist and plump that even the most ardent dried fruit doubters will be won over. But undoubtedly the star ingredient in this Drunken Panettone is the part which makes it "Drunken" in the first place! There is a deliciously sweet and slightly boozy flavour to this pannetone due to the added Moscato Syrup. I'm no wine expert but I know that Moscato wine is a sweet dessert wine which has a low alcohol content. In this panettone it adds a deliciously subtle flavour which builds in intensity with each mouthful. I'm not particularly a fan of alcohol in cakes or chocolate but I absolutely loved it in this panettone!


Every part of this Drunken Panettone is flavourful and moist, from the raisins to the bread. The inclusion of Moscato Syrup adds a subtle alcholic kick which makes it a perfect treat for the Christmas season.

The Arden & Amici Drunken Panettone (750g) is available at Waitrose and Ocado for £11.99. It is suitable for vegetarians.

You might be interested in some of my other Arden & Amici Reviews:
Arden & Amici Panforte
Arden & Amici Chocolate Chip Panettone
Arden & Amici Almond Ricciarelli
Arden & Amici Cranberry & Orange Panettone

 

7 comments:

  1. Sounds yummy!

    I've tried a drunken pandoro from Maina (chocolate & orange liqueur) at the beginning of the week. The alcohol component was milder than I would have expected (and liked :P ), but the pandoro itself was soft and the filling added to the moisture, which is something I always love :)

    [Funny, I actually only drink alcohol on its own two or three times a year, but I absolutely love boozy sweets and don't miss many chances of trying something of the kind :) ]

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Maina one looks delicous, is that a chocolate cream in the middle? Yum! The alcohol flavour sounds very similar, it's quite subtle in this Arden & Amici one too, but the taste does build as you eat it.

    I will have to give more boozy products a go, they are starting to win me over!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it's a chocolate cream and it's really nice :)

      Delete
  3. The presentation of this product is really lovely, this would make a fantastic Christmas present! I haven't tried any Arden & Amici products, I shall have to seek them out. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do look lovely don't they? I think anyone would be glad to get this as a Christmas pressie, I know I would :)

      Delete
  4. After reading this review I had to hunt one of these down. It looks great. I can't wait to tuck in!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Flipmode, I'm sure you enjoy it! It looks and tastes fantastic :)

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...