7 Jul 2014

An Amazing Birthday Present!


I just had to share this present that my little brother (I still call him that even though he's much taller than me!) gave me for my birthday on Saturday - a handmade 3D model of the Grocery Gems mascot! If you've read my About Me page then you'll know that it was my younger brother who did all the artwork for my blog and designed the header in the first place. I had given him a vague brief about a "paper bag with groceries in it and a smiley face". He took that meagre description and did an amazing job, AS ALWAYS! 


He made the Grocery Gems mascot (I seriously need to give him a name at some point!) using Fimo, and the level of detail is extraordinary, especially considering this is quite a small model at 5cm tall. Little bro' made each individual item in the bag, decorated them, and then had to fit the whole thing together. The results are just awesome! 


The model is now taking pride of place on my desk. I may sneak him into a few of my review photos in future. Keep an eye out! :)

p.s all these photos were taken by my brother too when he'd just finished it!

10 comments:

  1. That's brilliant! And happy belated birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is the coolest thing! Your Bro is so talented! Happy Birthday for Saturday xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's so cool! Can he make me one for my choccy keyboard lol? A belated Happy Birthday Katherine :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol that's a great idea, your chocolate keyboard is awesome! You should win the Cadbury comp and get them to make it with real chocolate :)

      Delete
  4. That's so cool! And lovely of your brother too! And Happy Birthday :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jo! He definitely got all of the creative talent in our family! :)

      Delete
  5. That looks amazing.Happy belated birthday for last Saturday Katherine!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...