14 Aug 2012

Ritter Sport Limited Edition White Coconut chocolate



Everyone in my family knows that I love coconut so when my brother saw this Ritter Sport White Coconut square in a sweet shop in Brighton he very kindly bought it for me. In fact he bought me two. I think he made the correct presumption that there is nothing about this bar I wouldn't like! To top off the all-round perfection it's also a Limited Edition. Thanks Bro!


As soon as I took off the wrapper I could see that the chocolate is loaded with coconut. Perhaps more unexpected is the inclusion of crispy rice pieces too. The bar is described on the back as "White chocolate with coconut (9.7%) and crispy rice (5.6%)".

Ritter Sport is not a brand that I am too familiar with. I've only tried a few of their bars before but with flavours such as this Limited Edition White Coconut, they are now a brand I will be looking out for. This White Coconut is part of a summer range which also includes two other Limited Edition varieties: Wild Berry Yogurt and Amarena Cherry. The White Coconut is definitely the more appealing of the three.

The white chocolate in this bar has a very creamy almost milky flavour to it. It's smooth with a subtle vanilla hint. It's not overly sugary or cloying like some white chocolates available. There is no doubt that this is a delicious white chocolate in it's own right.


But the real star of the show is the coconut. Ritter Sport say on their website that they use Indonesian coconut in this product. They describe it as "bringing the Caribbean to your door". Quite a bold statement and never having been to the Caribbean myself I can't judge whether that is true or not. All I can say is that it tastes divine. The coconut flakes are packed into this bar so that every mouthful is full of coconut flavour. The crispy rice also adds a delightfully crunchy texture to the whole bar which I thoroughly enjoyed.

If you like coconut and white chocolate then you will love this bar. The only downside is it is quite hard to track down and is only available for a limited time!


5 comments:

  1. I've got to get me one of these! It sounds awesome! Very jealous lol!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Hannah, I think you would love this chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely delicious. I found a bar in a newsagent near South Kensington station, London. Great find!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This Ritter Sport White Coconut looks and sounds amazing. I love the taste of vanilla too. I didn't know about this. Watch out UK here it comes, ha

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...