3 Jan 2013

Asda Chewy Banoffee Cereal Bars


So I'm probably not the only person who is looking out for healthier snacks at this time of year. Cereal bars can be a good alternative to other sweet treats, calorie wise at least. I was pleased to see a few new flavours in the Asda Vitality cereal bar range, such as Apple & Raspberry and Summer Fruits, but the ones that stood really out for me were the Chewy Banoffee bars. I don't think I have ever seen a Banoffee cereal bar before (do let me know if you have ever seen any!).


These cereal bars are high in fibre and contain dried banana pieces. Going from the ingredients listed, they also appear to be vegan. The flavours are all very tasty, there is a lovely sweet banana flavour with a subtle toffee undertone. It's not overly sweet either. The only downside with the bar was the actual texture - it's quite dense and sticky. Yes, they are called "Chewy Banoffee", but it really does require quite a bit of chewing. It's best to have a hot drink to hand for when consuming one of these bars as that helps take the edge off the chewiness!


I had quite high expectations of the Chewy Banoffee cereal bars, given that I love bananas and anything with the word "banoffee". Unfortunately it didn't live up to those expectations but in lieu of having an actual banana these cereal bars are a pleasant enough snack and good value too. Just keep a cup of tea nearby!

Grocery Gems Verdict: Vitality Chewy Banoffee Cereal Bars

RATING: 6 out of 10.
Buy them again?:  I might try the other varieties in this range.
Nutrition per bar: 79 calories, 1.4g protein, 15.3g carbohydrate (5.3g sugars), 0.6g fat.

Purchased: Asda. 

 Price: £1.00p for box of 6 cereal bars.

You might also be interested in:

Asda Banoffee Spread Review

2 comments:

  1. That jar of Banoffee spread from Asda didn't last me long, I would probably like these too so might give them a go. £1 a box is a good price!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL I don't buy the Banoffee spread very often for that very reason!

      Delete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...